Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dash Problem

DensLex

Hi all,

I have just purchased my 1st Lexus and boy am I a happy girl....... :D :D

But I do have a little problem well hopefully anyway :duh:

My security light on the dash keeps coming on even when the key is in the ignition and the car is running. Is this normal or if not does anyone have any ideas what it could be wrong.

Your advice would be greatfully received.

Thanks

Den

Maybe a problem with the integrated alarm - have you got any other keys you can try in the car to see if it's just a problem with the specific key you're using?

Also, do you know if the alarm is an aftermarket one? Guessing it's the standard Lexus one with the buttons on the keyfob?

Oh, welcome to LOC by the way, always nice to see some more ladies on here :winky:

Maybe a problem with the integrated alarm - have you got any other keys you can try in the car to see if it's just a problem with the specific key you're using?

Also, do you know if the alarm is an aftermarket one? Guessing it's the standard Lexus one with the buttons on the keyfob?

Oh, welcome to LOC by the way, always nice to see some more ladies on here :winky:

Hi Thanks for replying.

I have tried the other keys and they cause the same thing to happen.

The alarm is the standard Lexus one. I have only just got the car on Monday so havent managed to change anything as yet! :winky:

I thought more ladies would have registered, but hey its nice to be one of the few. It may mean that you chaps look after me !!!! :winky: :winky:

Welcome to LOC!

Does the light on the dash flash when the key is not in the ignition and when the car is locked and secured?

When you say the light keeps coming on when the car is running does it do a couple of flashes then a pause or is it consistant? A previous car of mine did this if the alarm had gone off for any reason, cleared it by deactivating it twice (Lex maybe be unlock key twice?) however it turned out mine was faulty :(

Only thing i can suggest is to check the fuses for anything to do with the security system or get it checked by Lex, Did you get warrenty with the car?

Great choice in colour btw!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links