Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Dilema

leddy

:blink: Hi Guys I hate this forum I've just got it into my head what i want 220D SE-L now after reading lots of comments like fuel economy etc i wonder if I might as well go for the 250 SE-L Auto

I'm used to 26 MPG in my Audi TT so do you think I would get about the same with the 250 or what?

Things that are putting me off the 220D are comments about the stiff clutch , bad MPG, and problems with some gear changing, not to mention rattles and squeaks.

Can anyone help I'm getting close to making up my mind should i go for the Lexus at all or my 2nd choice at the moment the new Freelander2 2.2 SE

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Cheers Leddy

P.s Thanks in advance for any reply I'm about to spend alot of Money so any advice is most welcome :D :D

:blink: Hi Guys I hate this forum I've just got it into my head what i want 220D SE-L now after reading lots of comments like fuel economy etc i wonder if I might as well go for the 250 SE-L Auto

I'm used to 26 MPG in my Audi TT so do you think I would get about the same with the 250 or what?

Things that are putting me off the 220D are comments about the stiff clutch , bad MPG, and problems with some gear changing, not to mention rattles and squeaks.

Can anyone help I'm getting close to making up my mind should i go for the Lexus at all or my 2nd choice at the moment the new Freelander2 2.2 SE

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Cheers Leddy

P.s Thanks in advance for any reply I'm about to spend alot of Money so any advice is most welcome :D :D

I have to say, 250 se-l, auto and MM, funny that's what I have. Seriously though my car only has 3,000 miles on the clock, currently averaging 27.3 mpg, will get better over time. The look, 2 nice shinny exhausts at the back compared to that single one tucked away. Automatic box, currently not available on the diesel.

The Lexus 220D does not give a very good return on MPG, not compared to some of the others. And please LOC this is only my opinion so apologies to all those 220D owners in advance.

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Cheers Leddy

Go for the 250 SE-L Auto with MM, and you're unlikely to have any regrets. Quiet, inside and out :D and really smooooth. Wouldn't be without the toys & leather either.

Re. the Freeloader, I was considering one for my wife so had test drives in brand new petrol and Tdi versions (alright but nothing to rave over), then tried second hand 1-5 years old just to compare and see how they age.....would recommend anyone to do the same, it's very revealing. Needless to say, we didn't buy one. :whistling: . I have to say "my other car's a Lexus" :D

I came from a TT as well. For my money it has to be the 250 Auto - it's the most relaxing car I've ever driven. The engine is so smooth and with the auto box it just effortlessly wafts up to illegal speeds without any fuss. I have an hour+ commute to/from work every day through heavy traffic and I arrive as fresh as a daisy. It's been in an Audi bodyshop getting a bumper scrape sorted and all the technicians have been coming up to me commenting on how nice the car is (I think they've all been for a drive round the block in it).

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Cheers Leddy

Tested both before going for the 250 se-l mm ,bad news is that I can never get my hands on the keys (wife loves it to bits begining to wonder if she thinks driving it is better then s*x )

did not go for the 220 sport because of the following person reasons

1 gear change notchy

2 no leather seats

3 performance

4 dont think its the best oil burner on the block

5 no auto box

6 gear change position (to high for the wife)

the 250 has been very good and a great drive ,love playing with the sports paddle change.only a one small rattle and as the wife drives it most of the time around town i get around 23-27 mpgand on a run it can get as high as 38-42 mpg all in all a great car that I feel good in .first service 10 k £220 .only one fault to date squeeky winscreen wiper which is being replaced when i can get hold of the keys .

cheers

Swager

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if you came from a TT, why are you thinking of going for the diesel in the first place?

Only driven the IS250 a few times, but its definitely the one to pick - the auto is excellent and there's no irritating noises or clouds of smoke......

The ones I've had have been driven reasonably hard purely around town, and I couldn't get under 26mpg

I have the diesel, have driven all engine combinations and specs, with and without MM.

The Auto is the one to pick for all of the reasons above, and I would still say that if you can get one (!) go for theAuto & MM too - it's more than Satnav and the car feels naked without it.

It'll beat the 26 odd mpg that the TT gives you, but I have to say you might find it a tad sluggish for a 2.5V6. Just look at the speedo tho and you'll see you're actually going quite fast...

The Auto is very economical - I managed over 34mpg on an 80 mile round trip which included town use too.

Freelander - you mean the new Freelander - looks nice, but will depreciate like a stone. It's already overpriced for what it is and the Disco 3 TD6 makes much more sense - just my humble opinion!!

Good Luck!

.....no irritating noises or clouds of smoke......

Mine has almost zero smoke - even with the engine running :lol:

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Cheers Leddy

:D :D :D :D

Ok Guys Dilema over and done with just put a deposit down on a 220D SE-L in Argento Ice with Beige Oakham Leather interior and Multi Media and Sunroof 06 Reg with under 6000 miles from Lexus Newcastle at a vey reasonabe price hope to pick it up next Tuesday or Wednesday lets hope theirs no regrets if there is you will be first to know thanks again to all of you who have helped. looking forward to being a proper member of the LOC (will Post Pic' soon of my new sexy lexy)

Cheers all Leddy

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Cheers Leddy

Ok Guys Dilema over and done with just put a deposit down on a 220D SE-L in Argento Ice with Beige Oakham Leather interior and Multi Media and Sunroof 06 Reg with under 6000 miles from Lexus Newcastle at a vey reasonabe price hope to pick it up next Tuesday or Wednesday lets hope theirs no regrets if there is you will be first to know thanks again to all of you who have helped. looking forward to being a proper member of the LOC (will Post Pic' soon of my new sexy lexy)

Cheers all Leddy

Lexus Newcastle is just round the corner from me - I've seen that one sitting on the forecourt - it's a very nice car. It's a good dealership actually, everyone is very friendly.

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Cheers Leddy

Cheers all Leddy

Well done Leddy - welcome offcially - hopefully things will be absolutely OK. At least you didn't get the "not-so-free"lander :lol:

You will be pleased :D

Cheers all Leddy

You listened to everyone's advice then :blink: :D

Yo Tango love the sarcasm but having read through lots of questions and reply’s on this forum I came to the conclusion that it's a case of each to their own.

Having done the speed thing with the Audi TT, I wanted some thing that was a little bit better economically and all round cheaper to run with a bit of luxury and grace and so opted for the 200d SE-l as i head into my mid life crisis.

Will i regret it I will let you know over the next few months but at the moment feel as if i have made the right choice?

Have a good weekend :) :)

Leddy :P

Yo Tango love the sarcasm but having read through lots of questions and reply's on this forum I came to the conclusion that it's a case of each to their own.

Having done the speed thing with the Audi TT, I wanted some thing that was a little bit better economically and all round cheaper to run with a bit of luxury and grace and so opted for the 200d SE-l as i head into my mid life crisis.

Will i regret it I will let you know over the next few months but at the moment feel as if i have made the right choice?

Leddy,

You will not regret it I'm sure, but if you had bought the IS250 SE-L with MM and then switched to the IS220D THEN you would have regrets :D :)

Yo Tango love the sarcasm but having read through lots of questions and reply’s on this forum I came to the conclusion that it's a case of each to their own.

Leddy - my midlife crisis commences when I'm 40 - and it makes me want to go down the performance route - it screams Audi RS4 at me

Am I going mad? Or madder?

Leddy - my midlife crisis commences when I'm 40 - and it makes me want to go down the performance route - it screams Audi RS4 at me

Jamboo

You go for it mate one thing is for certain with the RS you won't go far wrong and what a way to go mad. I'm happy going for the IS at the moment but may join you in yrs to come if my madness returns,

I’ve exorcised my demons with the TT over the last 2yrs and feel it's time to give this body a rest and head into my Forty's in style.

But i do admit the RS4 will always be looking over my shoulder who knows???????:P :P :P

Take care Leddy :duh:

I've been a petrol head for as long as I can remember.

My current car is a 3.2 litre v6.

I choose the 220d SE-L over the 250.

The auto box in the 250 is *very* tempting (and I also haven't liked autos before, either).

However it seems to me that the gains in power and loss in economy is disproportionate between the 220d and the 250.

Admittedly too much of the 220d's power comes in with the turbo, though.

Just my £30k's worth.

Jamboo

You go for it mate one thing is for certain with the RS you won't go far wrong and what a way to go mad. I'm happy going for the IS at the moment but may join you in yrs to come if my madness returns,

I’ve exorcised my demons with the TT over the last 2yrs and feel it's time to give this body a rest and head into my Forty's in style.

But i do admit the RS4 will always be looking over my shoulder who knows???????:P :P :P

Take care Leddy :duh:

Cheers buddy - there was a baby boom in the late 60's. I was the product of a drunken night of passion - I'm sure - that's where my maddness comes from.

You only live once - but now I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford the RS4, even used. I need to think about the kids education - with this Government in power it's become so expensive to get kids a decent uni' experience :duh:

Back on topic - Lexus do make the best Auto's - and fuel economy wise there is at most 10 mpg in favour of the manual diesel over the petrol Auto driven sensibly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links