Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radar

wildrnes

Here's a way to get one and still keep your Gran. :lol::lol:

Get her a big pair of binoculars, :geek:

and tell her to say blip.............blip........blip.....blip...blip..blip.blip.blip.blip!, :whistling:

whenever she sees a speed camera!! :rolleyes:

I bought a Snooper 815 and it just drove me up the wall so I don't use it any more. It just beeped at what seemed anything, especially automatic doors on shops and offices and traffic light sensors. It also gave very little warning of speed camera's, you almost had to be parellel with the camera (and it didn't pick up any of the newer style forward facing or digital cameras).

I think the new GPS type are the way forward.

I must say Rich, that was my biggest concern with the Snooper - but having bought the S5-R which has different logic options (one specific for UK bands) , I have noticed very, very few false alerts (as Mat and Chris can vouch for to and from Brooklands). I still think a GPS system in addition to this is best though.......

Zee, if you were to drive past the front of homebase or any other retail park store does it not go off? My 815 did everytime.

I had a look at the S6-R when I bought the S5-R Rich - defo best of both worlds, but expensive and annual subs (unlike the Morpheus tha Si has)....

And no Rich, mine doesn't go off at homebases and retail parks........ ;)

I have the S6-R GPS, which is the Neo unit, but without the radar and laser sensing functions. Laser is a bit pointless, as you only get warned as you're being zapped (by which time it's too late). In my county, the police don't use mobile radar, hence the no radar option.

I tried the Blue-i, and had my own issues with Origin, so ditched it in favour of the snooper. It's a very good unit, has picked up every camera I've ever driven past (even the gantry cams on the M25, and new ones put in about 2 weeks ago)

But, and perhaps more importantly, the button backlighting on the Snooper is exactly the same as the reddish colour used for the lexus dashlights ;)

There are some great deals to be had as a gold member. One of the dealers offered me the Blue-i, professionally fitted, for 299 all in.

• 2 months later...
I saw the Snooper s6r at the motorshow in October and it seems to offer the best of both worlds but with only one unit in the car. Anyone know how good it is as its not cheap?

I have just bought one, :D once I have it fitting and working I'll give you all a shout and tell you how I get one with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links