Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally I Have One!

RNUK

Hi all.

Firstly... Intro. I'm Tony a long term IS200 fan. I have loved these cars ever since I first clapped eyes on one about 8 years ago. Finally, last Saturday, I picked one up... And I am made up, I love it. :D

It's a 2001 SE, 80k on the clock in Blue with cream interior and full Lexus history.

Bought the car from Letchworth Car Centre in Herts. Picked the car up with barely enough fuel to get to a garage and no tax whatsoever! Was not happy! Anyway, the only problem besides the garage has been the stereo. I chucked a CD in and it took it in then ate it! It wouldn't let me have the CD back, play it or anything, until Tuesday, when the unit died completely. No power to the stereo at all, so its going back to Letchworth tomorrow to be sorted... hopefully. :)

I have read a lot about the Amp bypass lead you need when installing ICE, however, is this just required if you intend to use aftermarket amps or do you need to install it for just a headunit upgrade? The reason I ask is because I intend to put an Alpine 9850Ri in the car and run a lead to an Ipod... Thats it! I'm not overly interested in a big install... Just yet ;) A little matter of a TTE facelift frst.

Thanks in Advance

RNUK (Tony)

Hello and welcome to the LOC mate

Glad you found the IS you where after :D

Sorry to hear about the stereo but this is a common fault with the stereos. Not a major problem though as your changing the head unit anyway.

Dont forget to get some pics up when you can!!!

Look forward to hearing you progress on the TTE facelift.

One last thing, dont forget to keep an eye on the club meet posts and try and pop along to a couple cheers

All the best

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links