Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tried This Parking Sensor?

torrent

Looks interesting, in that the system is totally invisible from the outside, i.e. no drilling or attaching of sensors on the outside of the bumper. Found some more details at TAURUS EPS ELECTRONIC PARKING SENSOR. Haven't found a review of it anywhere yet....

Hmmm, interesting.... if you go to www.parkingsensors.co.uk the TAURUS system is advertised alonside the QUANAN system favoured in these forums. Although you don't get a digital distance read-out with the TAURUS system, I'd prefer it as it doesn't spoil the aesthetics of the car. :) :)

Would still like to see a review or hear the experiences of someone who has fitted it. :unsure:

...and they say these are being fitted to Mercs & Jags as standard. Glad they didn't say BMW (spit) :P

Well @ £99 + around a fiver for shipping, this sounds too good to be true! So good in fact, I'm going to order a unit to fit to the new IS300 when I get it in a couple of weeks. Shall post the results here..... fingers crossed! :)

HAVEN'T TRIED THIS BRAND OF PARKING SENSOR

BUT WE SUPPLY AND FIT ONE SIMILIAR TO A RUN OF THE MILL BRAND OF VEHICLE AT WORK

WE HAVE FOUND THAT THESE ARE GOOD BUT PREFER THE OTHER SENSOR

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH ROOM BEHIND THE BUMPER TO WORK AS WE HAVE

TO TAKE THE BUMPER OFF OUR VEHICLES TO INSTALL

ALSO THATS IT'S VERY CLEAN AND DRY WHERE YOUR ABOUT TO STICK THE FOIL

AS SOME TEND TO PEEL AFTER A TIME WHEN THEY GET DIRTY AND WET

APART FROM THAT GOOD PRODUCT,GOOD IDEA

HOPE THIS HELPS

I have a different brand, but similar system, fitted to my IS300.

To be brutally frank, I'm a little disappointed.

PROS

- Completely invisible from outside and inside

- Very clear parking sound

- Picks up low kerbs, and tiny obstacles (including protuding sticks in bushes!)

CONS

- Useless in rain. The rain running down the bumper sets it off.

- VERY short range (around 30cm and downwards)

- Random beeps and chirps during parking makes it difficult to trust

By all means try this model out.... if it's better than mine I'll take it back to the gold dealer I bought it from, and get mine swapped :)

A

Hmmm, I take your point about the 'cons' - and if rain sets it off then it's gonna be useless about 50% of the time in this country! ;)

Well, I shall give the unit a try out on the new car when I get it. If the worst comes to the worst, I can always revert to the good old 'visible sensor' type.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links