Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Guys. Long time no see...

Ive just had the good fortune to get my first LS, :lol: I used to own a Gs300 sport but I wanted extreme luxury so I have moved up. B) This car in my opinion is amazing. I have paid top money for a 1999 car, however it only has 19360 miles on the clock with full lexus service history. :lol::lol: this car is stunning. the tool kit and spare wheel have never been used the leather is as soft still as a babies bum. :lol:

The reason i've opened a topic is not to boast :unsure: but I wonder if anyone has any experience with aftermarket warranties? Lexus will not give a warranty if a car is older than seven years.

I am aware that most warranties are insurence based? Lexus of Guilford tell me that these companies want work done for around a 3rd of the present hourly charge, so they are reluctant to take on their work. I would love to keep up the Franchise stamp in the book, but do not want to scare myself with the prices.

any thoughts?

Shrek (Les)

Ditto to Steve's post.

It's nice to hear of a fellow 1999 owner so near (I work in Shepperton). With regards to Franchised dealer stamps.

I would think that it makes a difference to newer cars which need to realise their full potential when their time comes to be traded in. Our cars being, 8 years old now, will only sell for a fraction of their worth. Although Lexus are a brilliant and luxurious car they are not 'Spaceships' A confident Mechanic will work on our cars with no problems. A Toyota and other Japanese Importer only 5 miles from us carries out all of my servicing and repairs. I'm sure that a stamped service book from them will be just as good to the market to which we will be selling. Spending £80 to £100 an hour at a Franchised dealer on 8 year old cars in my opinion is not justifiable.

Enjoy the most wonderful of cars. Regards, Graham.

Ditto to Steve's post.

It's nice to hear of a fellow 1999 owner so near (I work in Shepperton). With regards to Franchised dealer stamps.

I would think that it makes a difference to newer cars which need to realise their full potential when their time comes to be traded in. Our cars being, 8 years old now, will only sell for a fraction of their worth. Although Lexus are a brilliant and luxurious car they are not 'Spaceships' A confident Mechanic will work on our cars with no problems. A Toyota and other Japanese Importer only 5 miles from us carries out all of my servicing and repairs. I'm sure that a stamped service book from them will be just as good to the market to which we will be selling. Spending £80 to £100 an hour at a Franchised dealer on 8 year old cars in my opinion is not justifiable.

Enjoy the most wonderful of cars. Regards, Graham.

Aw! thanks guys :blush: I have missed the club and want to become active again. Graham thankyou for your thoughts on this. You are of course right, Its great that you live so close. I pick the car up on Thursday, maybe we could meet and chat about your knowledge of the cars?

hi Les.. long time no see mate! good to see you back mate!

Hello Steve thanks for the welcome mate :blush: I hope to bring my membership back up to date and become a LEX lover again. My Gs has had a rough time it was stolen and recovered but has never felt the same. ho hum time to move on. I'm putting the Gs up for sale now. hope to see you at a meet soon.

• 4 months later...

I've worked for a warranty company in a previous life.

I have some real horror stories that I won't bore you with but my advice is this..............Forget the warranty, they charge you the earth and then will come up with every excuse in the book not to pay your claim. As you say, they pay very low labour charges so many garages are reluctant to deal with them. At best, when a garage does take the work on, the job will be given to the trainee / junior whilst the experienced technicians can get on with the profitable work.

Put aside say £50 - £100 into a separate account and draw on this when you need servicing and repairs done. You are, after all, driving one of the most reliable cars money can buy!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links