Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

anyone know if the coil lead is available as a seperate item or do i need to get the full set ! it started running rough and on inspection,its my fault,when i did the timing belt i caught the coil lead under the dizzy cover and it damaged it,BERK,but there again,even though its now running super smooth again i noticed the leads are all stamped 1991,are these the originals or are they stamped for the year of the car,they seem in remarkable condition if their 16 years old ???

awaiting the reply's with baited breath. cheers Ian

Thinks its time to bite the bullet,if the leads are the originals the rotor arms and dizzy caps probably are also,but as mentioned,she's as smooth as silk and doesnt appear to be suffering any ailments,just goes to show though,nine hours,bolts by the bucket full and parts all over the garage,and it was the last bolt to fit that cocked up :iraqi-info-minister: ,mindst you,i'd skinned knuckles,back ache and headache from remembering what fitted where in what order,should probably have finished it off next morning " more haste less speed as they say " I'd like to see the job done in 2.9 hours as it says in the garage cambelt book,anyone else tackled the job ?? and how long did it take. cheers Ian

I did it with help, and not rushing it took all day....

They must be some smart gremlins who can do it it 2.9 hours...took us longer than that to get to it!

I followed the instructions to the letter,as described on the lexl,s site..

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/engine/timingbelt.html

never had a problem,two bolts snapped that held the under belly side bit on,but considering the job,i was delighted with the result and the cash saved but would i do it again........ ask me in 60k, which at 5k a year wont be happening with me,mindst you the cars only done a documented 223k klm ( about 125k miles, a drop in the ocean to some ive seen,front top wish-bones next,awaiting their arrival ordered them on friday from the good old cheap US of A. Ian.

I followed the instructions to the letter,as described on the lexl,s site..

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/engine/timingbelt.html

never had a problem,two bolts snapped that held the under belly side bit on,but considering the job,i was delighted with the result and the cash saved but would i do it again........ ask me in 60k, which at 5k a year wont be happening with me,mindst you the cars only done a documented 223k klm ( about 125k miles, a drop in the ocean to some ive seen,front top wish-bones next,awaiting their arrival ordered them on friday from the good old cheap US of A. Ian.

:oops: if you post twice,is it possible to remove one ??????????

Hellooo!!

I booked two days off work to do the cam belt with my father, taking into consideration the condtion of ther car when i bought it i was expecting a hard two days!!! But, when i took covers off to inspect it it was brand new!!! How lucky!!!

Mat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links