Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Any Cheap London B&b's Or Hotels Please?

dibsLPG

:offtopic::offtopic: Any Cheap London B&B's or Hotels Please? :question:

It’s been over ten years since I visited the Capital (not much off a fan) so its time to take the Kids to see the sites and meet the Queen for a Cuppa if she is in that is. :whistling:

Yes I know it hard to locate a Cheap B&B's or Hotels in London but can any one help out please? Any website links or experiences?

Planning to take a trip down for a day or two for a bit of Site seeing tour with the Kids, Ideally near a Tube station. Total travelling are 5 inc. Kids can we get one room to sleep in perhaps?

Was told to look for one out side the Congestion zone (since they are cheaper) and drive to a local station and park-up for the day and surf the tubes all day with a day pass – easy way to see the sites.

Any tips, guides are appreciated. :D

Dibslpg

try looking at www.laterooms.com

can sometimes be cheaper to get an apartment than a hotel room, especially if you stay for a few days

Cheers gys, Will give laterooms a go in the evening.

Might give Hallam Hotel a miss cause it does not cater for family rooms (looking at the site)..

Keep me posted it you guys come across any other sites or names.

Not to worried about the congession charge since its LPG. :hehe:

Cheers

Dibslpg

try the kensignton close hotel in (of course) kensington, near the tube. Last time was £50 a night but small rooms. Otheriwse i always stay at the thistle in Marble Arch next to tube again.

Congestion zone has been extended and therefore if you manage to be outside of it you are not likely to be actually in London. Both above have a car park nearby.

Thistle was cheap on a Friday night when i first went £48 but last time was over £100, so not sure. Try also some of the Travel Inn and Travelodge's as they have family rooms and may work our cheaper.

Are you bringing the Car ? When are you planning to come ?

Not thought about the train ? You can probably get a Family Railcard

(cos u got nippers under 16) for much less than the discount it will give

you on just this journey,plus it lasts for 1 year. (its about £20 I think)

Parking even outside the congestion Zone is very expensive matey,

inside is even worse :o

www.travelodge.co.uk or

www.premiertravelinn.com

or try one of the last minute type sites on google search

The further in advance you book the better. I think you will need 2 rooms also

as most seem to be 3 or 4 people to a room..

Hotels near kings Cross Station offer great transport links,

but roads are VERY VERY busy so will have to be very careful

with your children mate.

best of luck

Thanks a lot fo for all the tips and sites :) Will start to dig through them this weekend and plan to go in Sept. hopefully.

I noted that i am exempt from the congestion charges since i have an LPG car :D fancy driving down rather and train since it will work out about the same in fair has gas, and all the Luxury of the Lexus too..plan to park up and tube everywere..

I will look at travel lodge's round london and ring round too about family rooms..and post back for your opnions.. :unsure:

Cheers once again,

Dibslpg. ;)

Congestion zone has been extended and therefore if you manage to be outside of it you are not likely to be actually in London. Both above have a car park nearby.

Errr... do you have any idea just how big London is? The congestion charging zone, in comparison to the 'London' area, is absolutely tiny. It's nowhere near the size of even the Zone 1 Travelcard area.

I noted that i am exempt from the congestion charges since i have an LPG car :D fancy driving down rather and train since it will work out about the same in fair has gas, and all the Luxury of the Lexus too..plan to park up and tube everywere..

Are you sure you're exempt? Just because you have fitted an LPG system to your car doesn't mean you're exempt. It has to be an approved system, and you also need to tell them in advance.

More information here: http://www.cclondon.com/downloads/Drivers.pdf

Of course, you may have covered this off before, in which case you're OK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links