Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well, after almost 4 weeks, they have turned up.. (thanks a lot Royal Mail) :(

Does anybody have the OEM factory fitted sensors, and could take a pic, so I have a good idea on where to fit them..

I have 8 sensors in total, 4 front, 4 back.

any advice welcome from anybody who has fitted them also.

John

Hi there

I have after market front & rear on buzzer fitted ot my GS, will try to add to the thread or email yo tou.

Regards

Wes

Well, after almost 4 weeks, they have turned up.. (thanks a lot Royal Mail) :(

Does anybody have the OEM factory fitted sensors, and could take a pic, so I have a good idea on where to fit them..

I have 8 sensors in total, 4 front, 4 back.

any advice welcome from anybody who has fitted them also.

John

I did measure up where to put the back ones ages ago, but don't know where the notes are now.

You'll find that there are cutouts in the polystyrene behind the rear bumper, this is where the sensors are positioned.

Note when removing the rear bumper: it looks like an upper and lower half, but it's actually all one piece! Get a big sheet of cardboard to put it down on, you don't want to scratch it on the tarmac!

If the sensors are like mine, you'll need a 20mm holesaw, plus a triangular file to cut the keyway at the top (it's easier than drilling them).

I should be able to email you the instructions for fitting the LPA400 (what I have) to an IS200/300, you may find it useful (except for the measurements of course!).

PM if you want them.

You won't get at the rear of the rear bumper unless you remove it. Not difficult though, all the bolts are pretty obvious to find.

My sensors are spaced as follows:-

O ----385mm---- O ---- 490mm ---- O ---- 385mm ---- O

75mm down from lower edge of chrome trim on bumper. All measurements are to CENTRE of sensor.

Run cables to left of car. LPA400 instructions for IS recommend cutting off the cable grommet and stuffing it through the vent. On the GS there's a flat spot nearby which takes a 20mm (I think) holesaw nicely. If your kit doesn't have a grommet, a normal mains wiring grommet should fit nicely.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links