Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B & M Quickshifter

Rob's Lexx

Hi guys.

Does anyone have any experience with the B & M Quickshifters?

How do they compare to others that are available and what are there main disadvantages over OEM? I know they have less throw and therefore make it easier to snap through the gears without losing power/boost.

Are they easy to fit?

cheers

rob

the only trouble people sometimes have with the b&m is getting it in reverse cos its a bit notchy, so occasional users of the car may struggle a little

...but i got used to it very quickly and found it to complement the s/c excellently, so much so that the car would be alot less fun to drive without it.

as for the fitting- i managed it (eventually) and im a novice, but a second pair of hands helps and remember to put the metal and rubber covers back in the right order!

Got a Trd Short Shifter.....its good. Easy to fit and no drama for strangers or everyday use fella. Might be up for grabs if you're not in a hurry...problem is, what the hell do you replace the IS200 with for the dosh?!

I just fitted a TRD one last weekend which I assume fits the same was as the B&M. Didn't take long and if I can do it anybody can!

I was suprised that it was actually lengthened the gear stick though, I was expecting it to be shorter since it had the name short shifter!

I've just bought one of the ones from Graham Goode at the bottom of the Forum, will see how it fits when i get home next thursday.

Also ordered some IK22 spark plugs so i think a dose of High Octane fuel will be in order ;)

Stav

I've just bought one of the ones from Graham Goode at the bottom of the Forum, will see how it fits when i get home next thursday.

Also ordered some IK22 spark plugs so i think a dose of High Octane fuel will be in order ;)

Stav

How much did you pay for the IK22s mate? PM if you prefere....

Oh, just make sure you get V-Power! That stuff is great!! :P

The B&M short shifter is alot shorter than the TRD (or so i believe)

i have the B&M and many of my friends have commented on how little movement there is between gears! Its easy enough to fit and takes a little getting used to to get it into reverse! Once you have mastered it though its easy and you will not want to drive the car without it! I love mine, makes the gear change more quicker and gives a nice machined 'Click' sound when you change gears!!!!

......Only problem is the girlfriend hates driving the car now i have had it fitted, shame that! :whistling::lol:

Jason :P

Any further thoughts on this?

J

Ive got a B&M and think its great, most ppl say it is a lot stiffer than the TRD one, but i like it, you have to be very positive with it, it is also very short, but never had trouble getting in to reverse, the thing is with the B&M being £100 and the TRD being £240 i'd have the B&M anyday.

Jamie i think you'd like it fella, it kinda make you want to drive a little faster LoL

Oh that's very good of you fella :P

So are you heading down to buy or to look?

J

no can't head down today, got a docs appointment as did my back in on saturday and been bed bound all bloody weekend!! so gonna give them a call and find out what i wanted to know over the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links