Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ik22 Spark Plugs With Supercharger

Heat rating and heat rating number

A spark plug of today must be tailored to differing engine design and traffic conditions. Therefore, it is not possible to have a single spark plug type which would function trouble-free in all engines.

Because temperature development of the respective engines vary in the combustion chamber, spark plugs are required with differing heat ratings.

This heat rating is expressed by the so-called heat rating number. Previously, with the old single-range spark plugs, two- or three-figure combinations of numerals were used, for indicating differing heat ratings.

These heat ratings, expressed by the heat rating number, are representative of an average temperature corresponding to engine load and measured on electrodes and insulator. At the insulator tip the operating temperature should be between 400° C and 850° C, while temperatures of over 400° C should be aimed at, because at these higher temperatures the carbon or oil carbon deposits dissolve and the spark plug cleans itself again.

However, the temperature at the insulator should not exceed 850° C, because at over 900° C glow ignition occurs. In addition, the electrodes are attacked or even destroyed at extremely high temperatures by chemical-aggressive combinations. All this has not only resulted in technical development to leave the old single-range spark plug for the modern multi-range spark plug, but still more: Particularly the development of new materials, in particular for the insulators or the use of high-grade copper cores in the center electrodes are covering the high quality standards required today for these far-spread heat rating ranges

These technical advantages have LED to a change in the type of spark plug designation. Consequently, modern manufacturers like NGK are differentiating multiple-range spark plugs only by one- or two-digit numbers. These do not allow any indication of the "old" heat rating number. At the same time, the sales documentation for each engine contains the corresponding suitable multiple-range spark plug.

Or at least thats what Google tells me. LOL

Stav

Would it be possible that if you or anyone else places an order for the IK22's from the eBay seller 'creativeperformance2004' that you order an extra plug, as I am one missing from an order placed recently.

It would be really appreciated as I can't fit them without one more plug. All fee's will be sorted it out.

Thanks,

Jamie

Would it be possible that if you or anyone else places an order for the IK22's from the eBay seller 'creativeperformance2004' that you order an extra plug, as I am one missing from an order placed recently.

It would be really appreciated as I can't fit them without one more plug. All fee's will be sorted it out.

Thanks,

Jamie

got a set of these from this bloke aswell good price to

thanks

wayne

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links