Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Devastated

Fugu

dont know if it winging goes in here, Just had a letter saying i can no longer drive due to having damaged nerves in my arm. :crybaby::crybaby: to say im gutted would be an understatement, i've had my lex for less than 3 weeks and it has to go. :crybaby::crybaby:

doesd anyone know a good bridge?

Couldn't you go for a second opinion on the nerve damage as a mate of mines son has a muscle wasting desease and he had the same thing saying he cant drive or ride a bike he went for an evaluation and was told he could again and he has trouble getting out of bed and doing most things but he's now riding a motorbike again thanks to the doc's he went to see?

Feel for you mate it would kill me if i couldnt get out in my car as its something i enjoy a lot? :sad:

Sorry to hear this Fugu :crybaby: As Chris says it must be worth getting a 2nd opinion

Surely though if it is the case, then I'm sure they can do IS's under the mobility scheme, maybe worth having a chat with your friendly dealer to see what they can offer

Sorry to hear this Fugu :crybaby: As Chris says it must be worth getting a 2nd opinion

Surely though if it is the case, then I'm sure they can do IS's under the mobility scheme, maybe worth having a chat with your friendly dealer to see what they can offer

I have no options, i was medically discharged from the armed forces, i've every single test available to determine. From lumber puncture to testing my brain. I thought i'd get away with it to be honest, been on the phone and told i'd be ok with an automatic... which is no good to me as i have a brand new (to me) car wasting outside! i paid 7k cash and also paid my insurence upfront. i've been s**t on from an almighty height. i actually feel sick.

I have no options, i was medically discharged from the armed forces, i've every single test available to determine. From lumber puncture to testing my brain. I thought i'd get away with it to be honest, been on the phone and told i'd be ok with an automatic... which is no good to me as i have a brand new (to me) car wasting outside! i paid 7k cash and also paid my insurence upfront. i've been s**t on from an almighty height. i actually feel sick.

But surely it would be better to see if you can exchange yours for an auto rather than giving up, that way you still have an IS, but just one that you can drive.

I can understand that you are feeling like poo at the mo, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel, it just sometimes takes time to see it :winky:

I cant have any idea how you must be feeling.

Surely someone must know something to help you somewhere ?

I am told that nerve damage can repair itself but takes a very long time.

Fingers crossed for you fella.

i've been told it will be round 7 - 12 years for it be repaired :unsure:

sorry to hear that.

but sell the is200 and get a 300 :D

the problem is at the moment it say driving full stop! after a few calls i found out i "may" be allowd to drive manual.

i've found myself just watching movies in it today to get my money out of it... :unsure:

I'm so sorry to read this fella, as mentioned above, I have no idea how this will affect you, however it is gutting to read.

There was a member recently who suffered from a debilitating illness in his legs and to overcome this, he had hand controls specially installed.

Would it not be possible for you to fit a wheel clamp (like the large trucks have) to assist you in turning the wheel? As well as investing in an automatic car? Or is it both arms that are affected?

Regards,

Jamie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links