Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another New Member Asking Questions !

Went to a site to look at a BMW 525 (couldn't get in it , I'm 6'6"!) and came away with a MkIII, P reg with 161,000 and full Lexus history. I had no idea that I could afford this superb car - traded in a Mitsubishi Spacestar 1.3 so you can imagine the culture shock. £2750 (£1650 to change) a year's MOT and 6 month's tax

See http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=001

It's in Aspen Green (I must say it looks more grey to me) with green interior (sage green I suppose) It checked out on all the known areas well apart from the bonnet gas struts which was almost the first topic I spotted on the forum - excellent. Already ordered

Having driven a company car for 25 years I wanted to spoil myself - looked at W124 Mercs but rust almost always a problem. The LS400 is a large car but it is so easy to drive . My 07 Vectra company car now seems a bit crude in comparison ( I must find a way of reducing the noise level from the keys in the ignition swinging to and fro as that was the only noise I could hear on the way home!)

Any recommendations for servicing out here in East Anglia ? (near Ipswich /Bury St Edmunds) and a good source for "touch up" paint ? The stone chips need some tlc

Hope to see some of you around

Geoff 52

Firstly, welcome to LOC.

I used to own an LS400 lovely car and as you say a big shock coming out of lesser motors! V8 power and lots of comfort the engine always seems effortless.

Regarding your keys just get one of those leather type holders that the keys fold away inside that will stop the keys swinging around.

I don't think that you can get touch up paint but just check at Lexus main dealer. Otherwise get the paint code off your VIN plate and try an auto paint shop and see if they can help.

Enjoy the 400 and the forums.

Terry

Any recommendations for servicing out here in East Anglia ? (near Ipswich /Bury St Edmunds)

Try Roys Motor Company - if Norwich isn't too far - they used to be the Lexus Main Agent. They have serviced my Mark 3 (whose bonnet no longer stays up!) for three years and are excellent. 01603 424877

Will have to ask you for bonnet strut part numbers and suppplier...

I came from a Mark 2 Golf Gti (13 yrs' ownership) into the LS. I still smile at its total effortlessness. Even modern, expensive cars seem quite noisy now.

ENJOY!

- Jelly Bean

nice looking motor mate !!! but I find it hard to believe the keys bother you ! dont you have the magnetic column that the keys stick to ( just push the keys towards the column) mines a 1991 , admitted,its a celsior but i assumed it was a general feature ? seems daft to remove things that work !

enjoy the car. Ian

Went to a site to look at a BMW 525 (couldn't get in it , I'm 6'6"!) and came away with a MkIII, P reg with 161,000 and full Lexus history. I had no idea that I could afford this superb car - traded in a Mitsubishi Spacestar 1.3 so you can imagine the culture shock. £2750 (£1650 to change) a year's MOT and 6 month's tax

Geoff

Hi and welcome, I'm 6"6 as well and it is amazing how much space there is in these cars, my brother has a LS400 and I've got a LS430 and both of them are plenty big enough... hope to meet you some day as I'm sure we will see eye to eye..!!!!

Anyway a much better car than any BMW and far more exclusive...

Pete

Thanks for all your welcoming replies.

Thanks Jelly bean - Norwich is good and I have booked in at Roys Motor Company for a service (A service £110 + VAT). Coincidentally I have a friend in Norwich who buys older Toyota sports cars (MR2,Supra etc) and he speaks very highly of them

You're also right about wanting to go out and drive the car - not something I've experienced having travelled in the region of 600,000 miles in a company car over the last 20 years !

Planning grand tour of Germany next year - the temptation to see just how fast it will go on an autobahn may well be irresistible !

best wishes to all

Geoff 52

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links