Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

dursleylexusman

Hi all, I have just swapped allegiance from Saab, having owned classic 900 Turbos for a number of years. I have recently bought a 00 x plated IS200SE but have got a few problems. I am in no way technically minded so please bear with me. The rear number plate lights do not work, where is the fuse kept and what number is it? If it is not the fuse, how do I get the bulbs out? Also the front fog lights do not work. Is it an easy job to change the bulbs? Also, could it be a fuse and where is it kept/number?

I have already had to replace the front 17" alloys because of buckling (£500 for 4 new Fox R5's including tyres), plus stereo was knackered (another £250) plus tyres on the rear (£140). Plus N/S/F shock absorber, water pump etc. I thought Lexus were supposedly reliable. The mileage is high (158000) but my Saab's went past this barrier with no problems.

I am really beginning to wonder if I have bought a dog.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Gary

The stereo's although good are prone to breaking and the alloys are like all Toyota alloys and corrode. If they are buckled thats bad driving not bad wheels.

Tyres, well there gonna go on every car!

Also if you look in the owners manaul ift should tell you where the fuses go. but there are three fuse boxs, under the bonnet in fron of the Battery and in both footwells. All have diagrams of what's where on the back.

As for the others, not heard of too many going like that unless they have very rough usage or something, you've just been unlucky.

Welcome to the club anyway.

Stav

Hello from another quite new newbie :winky:

With regards to the car, you've changed quite a fair bit now so hopefully it should be a bit better now and not cause too many problems. Cant be too sure though as my one hasnt even covered a third of that yet!

Good luck with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links