Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers

DUNCAN

Hi Guy's,

It's time to buy some coilovers, and I wanted your opinion on which ones to go for!!

I've looked at the TTE ones which seemed to be ok, but I'm not sure wether they drop low enough. It says in the web site that they drop to 50mm, but my car is already sat 40mm lower than standard using Apex springs. That means only a reduction of 10mm which isn't enough.

Does anyone know if this is correct, and if so, are there any other systems out there that I could use, to safely drop it another 25mm (at least) ???????

Don't want to spend a grand just to gain a 10mm drop...if y'e know what i mean!!!!!!!......

ANY INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

CHEERS. :D

Hi Duncan, I had the TTE coilovers fitted at RTEC in Hatfield at the beginning of February, and they definately drop more than 50mm. I had the Lexus styling kit 18" wheels on mine and with 15mm adjustment still to go on the coilovers, the rear arches were sat halfway down the tyre.

Brooklands_002.sized.jpg

BUT....When I had the car dropped that low, I was getting a vibration from the rear somewhere when the transmission was under heavy load. I have since put a borrowed set of 17" standard rims on and raised the car about 20mm and the vibration has stopped. I dont know if the vibration was down to the wheels, the drop, or a combination of both. Having said that, the car handles brilliantly now and the ride has not suffered too much.

Some of the other guys have fitted HKS coilovers and they seem very impressed with them.

Duncan - I'm curious - what are the apex springs like for handling and ride comfort?

javadude,

The car handles much better than standard coz the centre of gravity is lower.

Also i didn't notice any difference in ride comfort, which i think is quite important.

At the moment, i'm running 19's with 235/35/19 tyres. They don't catch at all, and i

can get one finger between the tyre tread and the wheel arch.

the only problem is that Apex have changed there range of springs since i got mine, and now only list a spring with -35mm drop...

post-32-1047407649.jpg

ORDERED "TTE" coilovers today from Torque Developments

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS. :D  :D  :D

You don't hang around do you mate....? :lol:

You'll love the TTE's mate..... how low can you go??????? B)

No point in hanging around Zee!

It's gotta be done...

Goin' low

w

w

w :blink:

Duncan:-

ORDERED "TTE" coilovers today from Torque Developments

How much did they cost??

GRiM :-

And there was me working on getting you guys a good price for two sets of coilovers..  

How are we doin the prices Please...

Thanks

I see your reading this Imi'

R you getting some?

Thinking about it mate... i've got H&R -35mm springs at the moment.. would be better to adjust the height when required tho... (gona get some 18" wheels soon)

let us know how u get with them..

I see your reading this Imi'

R you getting some?

Thinking about it mate... i've got H&R -35mm springs at the moment.. would be better to adjust the height when required tho... (gona get some 18" wheels soon)

let us know how u get with them..

Will do bud,

Hope to get them in a couple of weeks..

18's 'ey.......which ones you lookin at?

Post some pic's when you get em.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links