Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Control Solution For Oem Stereo Is200/300 Finally Found

Hi DimitrisTS and the rest

Thanks for the info and u have been very very helpful. Another quick question WHERE THE HELL WILL I PLACE THE IPOD SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT AM PLAYING....i have ran out of ideas...SHARE SOME WITH ME PLEASE....watever the case even if it is modification

My solution here -> -Click-

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are on "disk 2" or higher, which is your saved playlists on your ipod, then the song will appear but after the predefined time when backlight goes off you wont see anything. Even if you change song or touch the dial, screen does not light up.

Only solution is to set the backlight to stay ON all the time, which means that if you close your stereo, ipod screen will remain on all the time saying that is charging.

If you are on "disk 1" which means you select from the ipod what playlist to play, then song appears and if screen goes off after the predefined time, if you touch the dial or change song, the screen will light up again.

Hope i helped.

Thanks for the info and u have been very very helpful. Another quick question WHERE THE HELL WILL I PLACE THE IPOD SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT AM PLAYING....i have ran out of ideas...SHARE SOME WITH ME PLEASE....watever the case even if it is modification

do you want to see it permanantly or just when your unsure of the song? look 2 posts up, mines in the compartment by the handbrake

If you are on "disk 2" or higher, which is your saved playlists on your ipod, then the song will appear but after the predefined time when backlight goes off you wont see anything. Even if you change song or touch the dial, screen does not light up.

Only solution is to set the backlight to stay ON all the time, which means that if you close your stereo, ipod screen will remain on all the time saying that is charging.

If you are on "disk 1" which means you select from the ipod what playlist to play, then song appears and if screen goes off after the predefined time, if you touch the dial or change song, the screen will light up again.

Hope i helped.

do you want to see it permanantly or just when your unsure of the song? look 2 posts up, mines in the compartment by the handbrake

I want to see it permanently so that i can see the videos am playing aswell...but.......It will be ok to put the ipod hidden somewhere as long as in advanced mode i can see song text info on the OEM STEREO e.g the artist, trackname...........Does this actually happen in Advanced mode for the IS300 oem??

OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......Guys i need your help...........Damn it...Because of the GROM ****ty **** I was removing my OEM and ended up putting alot of scratches on the Dash..........PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THEM<>....there many and my dash looks like ZORRO's mischief.

OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......Guys i need your help...........Damn it...Because of the GROM ****ty **** I was removing my OEM and ended up putting alot of scratches on the Dash..........PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THEM<>....there many and my dash looks like ZORRO's mischief.

you may not be able to get them out... :crybaby: should always use masking tape around the headunit and dash parts...

how did you manage to scratch the dash? i can only imagine the scratches are at the top by where you take off the centre tray. its a bit gutting if you have slipped, is oit on the ac controls or the stereo itself. if its ac then maybe just get a new one off eBay on the cheap, if its the stereo, well its hardened plastic, cant imagine anything that would remove it completey if you have but a gash in it.

how did you manage to scratch the dash? i can only imagine the scratches are at the top by where you take off the centre tray. its a bit gutting if you have slipped, is oit on the ac controls or the stereo itself. if its ac then maybe just get a new one off eBay on the cheap, if its the stereo, well its hardened plastic, cant imagine anything that would remove it completey if you have but a gash in it.

The scratches are on the DASH itself next to the oem stereo. Another problem is that i cant even load anything on my oem stereo because i had done a modification for an auxillary from myIS.com and wen i wanted to put it back to the way it was originally the cd stopped working...ALL the rest fm and tape work normally.

Also the snow light is on and doesnt come off even if i press snow? wat to do?

Hi guys

My lex is IS300, Just a quick question before i purchase the GROM

1. After installing the GROM and playin tracks what happens to the MINI SCREEN ON THE IPOD? does it show the tracks played too? Or does it show the message 'Do not Disconnect'? or does it go blank?

Because if u can see what you are playing on the IPOD using the IPOD SCREEN then it easier to navigate using OEM to ur named tracks and artists once your on Playlist ( advanced mode).

Jambo Jamy :) & Welcome 2 LOC UK :) I Just Love Kenya :wub:

Hi guys

My lex is IS300, Just a quick question before i purchase the GROM

1. After installing the GROM and playin tracks what happens to the MINI SCREEN ON THE IPOD? does it show the tracks played too? Or does it show the message 'Do not Disconnect'? or does it go blank?

Because if u can see what you are playing on the IPOD using the IPOD SCREEN then it easier to navigate using OEM to ur named tracks and artists once your on Playlist ( advanced mode).

Jambo Jamy :) & Welcome 2 LOC UK :) I Just Love Kenya :wub:

I love it too....When was the last time you were here? I have shifted to kenya for Good....its been years now working here. I love the place.

Guys,

Grom controls work perfectly...after installation. I only have a problem....The rear and front right side speakers sound is not loud as it it should be. Although The left ones are loud enough and clear; When i play and twist around with the harness the sound becomes low aswell. Could someone advice?????????? How can i sort this out? I cannot return the package because i am in KENYA and it will take a month.

Guys,

Grom controls work perfectly...after installation. I only have a problem....The rear and front right side speakers sound is not loud as it it should be. Although The left ones are loud enough and clear; When i play and twist around with the harness the sound becomes low aswell. Could someone advice?????????? How can i sort this out? I cannot return the package because i am in KENYA and it will take a month.

Hi guys

I fixed the problem by cutting the wires and fixing them and also fixing the grom circuit which was messed up. The guys at Carputer in the UK where i bought the product were very resistant and rude (YOU YES YOU MANNOCKS).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody... Can somebody help me please... I have got IS220D (56 reg) and I want to play the new IPOD touch through the car stereos... Can you tell me what are the ways I can connect the ipod to the car sound system.. There's a Aux port in the box between driver and passenger's seat.. Is that of any good...

thanks

You can use the aux port but that's just a basic line in - so you would still need to control the iPod using it's own controls.

There is a Lexus iPod interface, but from what people have said on here, it isn't as good as the Vaistech one which uses MP3 emulation instead of CD emulation.

Thanks for your quick reply.. I understand what you mean but to instal Vaistech one or Grom i'll have to take out factory fitted cd/mp3 changer which I dont know how to do.. I tried to search for it but couldnt.. I dont want to buy something and then realise that I dont know what to do with that..

Thanks for your quick reply.. I understand what you mean but to instal Vaistech one or Grom i'll have to take out factory fitted cd/mp3 changer which I dont know how to do.. I tried to search for it but couldnt.. I dont want to buy something and then realise that I dont know what to do with that..

Yep they'll always require removal of the stereo, I've not got a mk2 IS so not sure how to take it apart, but I'm pretty sure one of the guys on here who's done it will be on shortly to explain how.

Alternatively I doubt it would be very expensive to either get an audio dealer or possibly even your Lexus dealer to fit.

• 1 month later...

Hi ive just got a IPOD for xmas and want a grom audio unit so i can connect it to my car its for an....

IS200 sport "05" plate....

4th Generation IPOD NANO ( 8GB )

could someone point me in the right direction as to which one i need ....and also all those who have one ...did you get it straight from the GROM AUDIO website...?

Thanx....Dazz :)

Hi ive just got a IPOD for xmas and want a grom audio unit so i can connect it to my car its for an....

IS200 sport "05" plate....

4th Generation IPOD NANO ( 8GB )

could someone point me in the right direction as to which one i need ....and also all those who have one ...did you get it straight from the GROM AUDIO website...?

Thanx....Dazz :)

Hello mate,

I have an 01 IS200s and got an xcarlink (similar thing to GromAudio) adapter installed. Out of the box, plug and play and works like a treat. And great service too, delivery was next day and free! :D

Google XcarLink and you'll get to their website - Check for compatibility before buying though, I dont use an Ipod with it.

Cheers

BM

Anyone tried out the Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Carkit with the wired USB/iPOD cables that allow you to play through the OEM headunit?

Need a phonekit for my car, and it looked quite tempting ....

Dont think you get the controls though the head unit though.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just got a GS 450h and it comes with a sophisticated factory fitted Sat Nav and Audio System in one. The audio controls are also controlled from the Touch Screen.

If I got the Grom, would I need to remove the dash and pull out the factory fitted Touch screen somehow?

Is it a big hassle?

JH

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old threat but I like this product very much would like to buy it.

I have read the thread from the beginning but I still a couple of questions:

1. Where do I find the model number of my radio ( I have the bottom CD loader, car is a V Reg)

2. I also have Sat-Nav which I predict will make things a bit difficoult. Will this work still after installing grom

3. I am planning to buy a 4th Gen iPod which I am sure it will work but does it work with an Iphone (I can get this free as my contract is up for renewal)

Thanks in advance

Nik

Sorry to resurrect an old threat but I like this product very much would like to buy it.

I have read the thread from the beginning but I still a couple of questions:

1. Where do I find the model number of my radio ( I have the bottom CD loader, car is a V Reg)

2. I also have Sat-Nav which I predict will make things a bit difficoult. Will this work still after installing grom

3. I am planning to buy a 4th Gen iPod which I am sure it will work but does it work with an iPhone (I can get this free as my contract is up for renewal)

Thanks in advance

Nik

1. If you have a bottom loading unit the unit number should be 13902. From what I have read on here the grom unit does not work with the bottom loading CD players- they only work with top loading units (13903-13906). I think the Xcarlink unit will work with your CD player, but please check/confirm before ordering (don't hold me responsible if it don't work!)

2. A grom/xcarlink unit should work with the OEM sat nav system.

3. The grom units work with the Iphone, not sure about the xcarlink unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links