Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need New Tyre

edeath

Hi Guys,

I've got a slow puncture in my Back right tyre. Also when i went to see Dr Bones he said the weld was breaking apart on the inside. So as the Kwick Cowboys wont be able to repair it - its new tyre time. I have pretty new SP9000L's on the other 3 corners but i'm finding it hard to find a new Lexus SP9000, and it will take 2 - 6 weeks for a new tyre.

So here is the question. Should i put my spare with an SP2000 on and wait for a SP9000L or as i have heard from one of the tyre fitters that Dunlop said they are going to stop making SP9000L soon: should i just buy another tyre and match that when the others need doing? (Probably the Falken 452 from what some of you guys have said of it.)

My only concern is what performance / handling difference does running different tyres have?

Cheers guys,

Ed

Just make sure that if you are putting 2 new tyres on that are different i.e. 2 Falkens and 2 Dunlops

That 2 of the same are on the same axle.

2 front and 2 back and you wll be okay.

I have a spare SP9000L tyre going... just came off my spare wheel last week (never been used on the road). PM me an offer if you're interested.

Not sure how to get it to you with it being so close to Christmas right now though!

edeath, bit surprised that Tony Bones and Kipling can't get one sooner... I got 4 new 17" SP9000's fitted a few months ago at Kiplings with less than a weeks wait. Maybe there's a shortage for some reason.

Have you tried the online tyre sellers such as Mytyres or Valuetyres?

I didnt ask Tony as its a bit far away for just a tyre (a good hour and a bits drive up the M1.) But yeah i have been looking at the online vendors (who seem to be cheaper even though they come to you) and they are out of stock. Event Tyres said to me that they had just rung Dunlop for me and that the Lexus SP9000 Tyre was at least a 2 week wait and they would be stopping production soon. And i have one on order from them. Also From what i heard the non L SP9000 is not recommened for the IS. I tried event tyres and e-tyres so i will hit the ones you suggested thanks! Gonna put my SP2000 shod wheel on later anyway so that will buy some time.

I have an SP9000 off the old IS 200 going free, you can have the rim also.

Would love to take you up on the offer, well if free really means free. But i live in london, so unless you come down my way often then it would be a postage job which i think will have to wait till the new year. Untill then its spare wheel and SP2000, and i'll drop you a PM next year.

Thanks

Ed

Driving ups not an option untill after new year as it is. It's going to probably cost the same to drive there and back as to get it shipped, however your right maybe i should make a day of it, drive up and save some hassle.

I've got the spare on now. The original wheel had 2 screws punching through the tyre wall. However i remember Dr Bones saying that i had a weld breaking apart on one of my tyres and showed me where. I remembered it as my back left, however i couldn't see this once id taken the wheel off so maybe i need to change the back right one aswell. If thats the case i'm just going to get 2 Falken 452's.

Ugh this is a nightmare so close to xmas.

Ed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links