Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Importing A Car

Rob's Lexx

Been looking into this over the last month or two, after i fell in love with a certain Japanese beauty (CAR!!! :whistling: ).

I know several members who have imported from overseas, and i just wondered what the benefits were compared to disadvantages??

I know insurance will be more (not sure why, but hey, i don't make the rules), but not so clear on any other details.

Are the Jap import cars generally more powerful as standard? Rarer in colour choices?? etc etc.

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Been looking into this over the last month or two, after i fell in love with a certain Japanese beauty (CAR!!! :whistling: ).

I know several members who have imported from overseas, and i just wondered what the benefits were compared to disadvantages??

I know insurance will be more (not sure why, but hey, i don't make the rules), but not so clear on any other details.

Are the Jap import cars generally more powerful as standard? Rarer in colour choices?? etc etc.

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

depends on age...............less than 10 years is fairly easy under 10 years gets complicated as you need a ESVA test (model report) or do what I'm doing and go for a single vehicle esva test which is scary..........

once you've bought it is £600 to ship it (normal saloon size) £120 to clear customs then duty & VAT on cost of car & shipping charges

been looking at a couple of 350 Z's. IMHO, they're an awesome looking car and go damn well too. Seen a REALLY nice one in a pearl white colour with carbon styling kit etc etc, but thats already in this country and i don't have the cash at present to buy it. So thinking about getting it over here through an import company.

Basically, i just wondered whether a car like that would be worth importing or not? I know the colour choice means i can get exclusive JDM colours, but not sure on other benefits: price, etc etc.

OR......would it be wiser buying one already imported to this country??

so no styling kits etc etc??

the one's i've seen on various import sites are often heavily modified......how can they be imported??

again depends on age are they < 10 years ?

Also some you buy with std parts reatined in car which you fit to pass ESVA you then fit them after ESVA

yep, 350Z is less than 10 years old......

why does insurance go up though???

coz they can...........

yea, guessed as much. insurance companies seem to like making a swift buck for no reason!! might have to give this some serious thought......

yep, 350Z is less than 10 years old......

why does insurance go up though???

Coz if you have a crash, not all the parts are the same for the import car, so will cost more for the parts and time to get the parts, so if you in hire car, you may need it for longer waiting for your parts :D all adds-up, so pass this onto YOU/ME :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links