Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Doubt Heard Many Times Before ...but...

Scrabble

Hi all,

a newbie member (and v. happy first time, lex owner 6 days & counting :D ), first comment is, great site, really good to see such active and useful contribution etc.

Ok, now you're softened up ..... :shifty: got a couple of q's... wheels are in pretty poor state (looks more corrosion than any major kerbing) but car's just out of warranty (35K miles but 3.2 yrs since reg), any suggestions/recommendations?

Also CD multi periodically seems to be showing what appears to be common 'err3' fault on loading etc, anyone any joy with getting it sorted even if out of warranty period?

Thanks for any help!

Hi Scrabble!

welcome to the club matey!

take it you have an IS - and if so, you are right, these are pretty common questions :P

Unfortunately, the answer to these questions is normally "Go and see your dealer and get it fixed under warranty" - which isn't applicable in your case :(

Don't know about the stereo - if you search for "err 3" then you will find lots of discussions, ranging from giving it a good thump to disconnecting the electrics.

With regards to getting the wheels - Pristine in Milton Keynes are highly regarded on these boards for refurbishing wheels - believe they do Lexus refurb work for them ( :question: )

Two common IS faults I am afraid mate :(

I think you have shot it on both counts as your car is out of warranty. The alloys are made from some sort of soft cheese and they can corrode inside 3 months! The stereo was superceded by a new model in 2001 with a top loading cd slot instead of a bottom one which rectifies this err3 fault (but loses the great sound of the early stereo)

Maybe Chris or Nick can comment on the warranty situation> :)

Cheers folks,

MK wheel refinishing is good call as I am Northants based.

stereo probs not critical (yet) - maybe have to look at replacing the whole thing ... soon as I can get the cash spend it past "the management" ...

Cheers folks,

MK wheel refinishing is good call as I am Northants based.

stereo probs not critical (yet) - maybe have to look at replacing the whole thing ... soon as I can get the cash spend it past "the management" ...

I have four virtually new wheels spare if you want them

I'd take about 250.00 to 280.00 for them

Scrabble did u buy it private, dealer or Lexus dealer you don't say. If it was 2 oor 3 then I'd go back and talk to them ans see if you can get the work done ( under any guarantee ) or if not as a goodwill gesture try offering a % of cost.

If it was private then i think Chris's offer will be hard to beat if they are correct style and size.

bought it from car supermarket place :duh: and had a bit knocked of the price for the wheels so can't really go back for more!

That said, Chris, gonna check out re-finish, but may well take you up on that offer. Current tyres are 215/45ZR17 - guessing they'll be okay? :withstupid:

• 2 years later...
Hi all,

a newbie member (and v. happy first time, lex owner 6 days & counting :D ),  first comment is, great site, really good to see such active and useful contribution etc.

Ok, now you're softened up .....  :shifty: got a couple of q's... wheels are in pretty poor state (looks more corrosion than any major kerbing) but car's just out of warranty (35K miles but 3.2 yrs since reg), any suggestions/recommendations?

Also CD multi periodically seems to be showing what appears to be common 'err3' fault on loading etc, anyone any joy with getting it sorted even if out of warranty period?

Thanks for any help!

Yep we have been here before? I placed a reply a while ago regarding refurb wheels in Northampton company called wheelclinic. find their web site at wheelclinic.co.uk

Becoming quite big in the Jap scene

regards

Maggot

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links