Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brake Kits

micromarc

• 2 weeks later...

what are you running under the bonnet? and why are you wanting to upgrade the brakes? Just curious as the brakes on the IS's are the same as on the GS's and more than capable of stopping a standard 200.

Im changing mine at the end of the month but only because one of my disk's are warped and its cheaper to get some grooved and drilled after markets than it is

i run stoptech, but i can strongly recommend the skyline set up that Adie is selling ^^

..and guess where the Lexus 'F Sport' BBK comes from? :winky:

9071031007mini2lcm0.jpg

img29021sr9.jpg

;)

yup, when i was at TTE couple years back they were evaluating the different brands on the cars they had there as test mules, they asked my opinion on the stoptech stuff on the monster.

i told them i was more than impressed with it

i suppose it gave them another option they hadnt considered, .....originally the favored brand was Alcon, as used on the original IS430

i hadnt heard that they had decided on Stoptech.

what are you running under the bonnet? and why are you wanting to upgrade the brakes? Just curious as the brakes on the IS's are the same as on the GS's and more than capable of stopping a standard 200.

Im changing mine at the end of the month but only because one of my disk's are warped and its cheaper to get some grooved and drilled after markets than it is

Well i m planning on some sort of turbo or supercharger mods later this year.

So the way i m thinkin is barkes and handling sorted before going for the power.

2 reasons i m liking the k-sports/D2's is the look at the stopping power. I m running a set of 19's on the car andneed something to fill the gap! :lol:

Also if i ever decide to up the power more i.e. 2j which my mates are screaming for me to do, all i d have to get would be new carriers and a set off 386's ;)

Well i m planning on some sort of turbo or supercharger mods later this year.

So the way i m thinkin is barkes and handling sorted before going for the power.

2 reasons i m liking the k-sports/D2's is the look at the stopping power. I m running a set of 19's on the car andneed something to fill the gap! :lol:

Also if i ever decide to up the power more i.e. 2j which my mates are screaming for me to do, all i d have to get would be new carriers and a set off 386's ;)

brakes are a finely balanced set of intricate calculations...but hey just bang on Bigger dics

if the k-sport calipers are anything like there coilovers, id steer well clear

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links