Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lights Dimming

If i try to move my elec seats when they are fully moved in the direction im pressing, or when I press the elec window switches to make them go up when they are already up, my lights dim, even when the car is running and im not using things like wipers or stereo. Is this normal?

Car is keeping a charge, allthough every now and then it seems to struggle to turn over, but hasnt failed to start as yet.

Thats normal. Try closing ya sunroof and just before it totally shuts, closeup both front windows (pass the stop line) at the same time. Time it right and the sunroof opens again...this is also "normal". Maybe cos the sunroof has some kind of sensor that thinks something is trapped along the sunroof tray, so it automatically opens again.

Thats normal. Try closing ya sunroof and just before it totally shuts, closeup both front windows (pass the stop line) at the same time. Time it right and the sunroof opens again...this is also "normal". Maybe cos the sunroof has some kind of sensor that thinks something is trapped along the sunroof tray, so it automatically opens again.

Yeah it would be that.

I fitted a elec sunroof to my nova yrs back, came from an Omega and that had the same issues, It also had a speed sensor so the safety system wouldnt kick in when the airflow created a force that might trick it in to thinking something was in the way.

I also find it normal to let off a particually disgusting fart in the car with passenger(s), turn on the electric seats, lock the windows, put the heater on but only in the LOW position so the smell is not quickly dispersed then the passengers can then feel its full force with the added heat. I did once have an occasion where a passenger tried to open the sunroof so i would be interested if anyone has anymore tips on "jamming" this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest a new Battery to anyone else who is experiencing this issue.

I replaced mine the other week after it started playing up and last night tried the same things as i mentioned in my 1st post -

Even at idle, trying to make elec windows the elec seats move once they had reached there limits, i could not get the lights to dim.

As ROB has said a few posts back DO NOT KEEP DOING IT.! you are putting to much load on the Battery and alternator..plus you will very quickly aswell burn the motors out on your electric seats and also your window motors...

Also if you THINK its your Battery and think it is low go and get it checked by a garage somewhere.

I assume yours was really bad then? Obviously more than we were thinking!

Give it a month tops. Expect them to dim a bit - not as bad as I guess yours was. Batteries never charge back to their 100% capacity from the alternator. This lowers the life, was well as the operating current over the years.

Twice a year, I take my Battery off and do a manual charge. October and March. Done it with every car and never had to replace a car Battery in my life.

I also find it normal to let off a particually disgusting fart in the car with passenger(s), turn on the electric seats, lock the windows, put the heater on but only in the LOW position so the smell is not quickly dispersed then the passengers can then feel its full force with the added heat. I did once have an occasion where a passenger tried to open the sunroof so i would be interested if anyone has anymore tips on "jamming" this.

Man that's disgusting and childish. Not the kinda thing normal people want to read on these forums.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links