Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trackers?

I'm thinking of getting a tracker installed on my IS200. I don't think it will make the insurance any cheaper but there have been a number of burglaries in the neighbourhood. I would like the peace of mind of knowing that anyone who's taken off with the car can expect a visit from PC Plod within the hour.

Any recommendations for systems and fitters in the North? LOC Gold members get 10% off from Gap Security but I don't think they're VSIB approved.

Will most likely be going for duration rather than annual subscription since I intend to keep the Lexus for another five years.

There is another option instead of trackers for new / used dealer sold cars which my dealer put me onto when I bought the GS. Instead buy the GAP insurance. No it doesn't get your car back, but after some toe rag has had it, do you want it? At least you get the full invoice price for it. Obviously for you guys who have customised it isn't a good solution, but for buying from a dealer I thought it was a good value.

Before I get comments of the dealer flogging unnecessary insurance, I was already taking the GAP, he put me off buying the tracker I was going to order, and so doing lost themselves some income and saved me some money. So I was happy, thanks John at Lexus Leicester.

Thats what ive got when i got my car from lexus Milton keynes ( gap insurance ) also on my old IS i wrote of :crybaby: but got all the money back that i paid for it.....got my money from insurance company then they gave me the rest from the gap insurance to make the total loss up to what i origanally paid for the car. happy days!! :hehe:

I'm thinking of getting a tracker installed on my IS200. I don't think it will make the insurance any cheaper but there have been a number of burglaries in the neighbourhood. I would like the peace of mind of knowing that anyone who's taken off with the car can expect a visit from PC Plod within the hour.

Any recommendations for systems and fitters in the North? LOC Gold members get 10% off from Gap Security but I don't think they're VSIB approved.

Will most likely be going for duration rather than annual subscription since I intend to keep the Lexus for another five years.

I really dont think a tracker is justifiable for an IS200..seriously...your 200 will only be nicked by the local chav scum for a spin around town..thats about it...and really would you want its back?

(unlike the serious never to be seen again stuff that is going on with 30K plus motors)

invest in a big yellow steering lock and lock your back door so cant they nick the keys..problem solved

I thought the idea of a tracker was to get it back as soon as possible after it's taken with the least possible damage, if you don't protect it and they have it a few hours or even a few days then you won't want it back but probably will get it back. Maybe I'm wrong ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links