Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dealer Refurbished Wheels

Hmmm.....Love my nice new (used) RX300.....the main dealer I bought it from even had the wheels refurbished for the sale, obviously becuase of the problems with early corrosion on Lexus alloys....what I didn't realise was they must have problems with the suspension and brakes too.....as they sprayed....er...sorry I mean refurbished those too :ohmy: .....so much for main dealer attention to detail......

P1000637.jpg

You can even see where the paint was shielded from the backplate by the disc......lucky the disc was there :lol:

P1000638.jpg

Noticed all this tonight on replacing the wheels with a set of 18" Mk2 wheels.....look fantastic.....especially with the special silver background they have now! :whistling:

Best regards David

Well the dealer is almost 100 miles away...and quite frankly I have very little faith in dealers at the best of times! But I did expect a little better from a Lexus main dealer (Oxford)....quite frankly I really cannot be arsed to faff around complaining when all I will get is excuses and squirming.....when the weather warms up I will be under the arches and underbody anyway....giving it a good going over with wax and OEM sealer.....hopefully getting it looking new again.

Where I work we get all sorts of stupid problems dealers have made through sheer stupidity or just plain laziness. Nah....I'd rather sort this kind of thing out myself.....and get it right first time! I have always found that dealers are professional at selling cars.....and I will not say any more :shutit:

Car seems nice though.....only time will tell if the "L" lives up to the TGW Legend? :lol:

Best regards David

I wouldn't let it go, I'd be asking to speak to the dealer principal, mentioning how unhappy you are

with the standard of job, also mentioning that pictures were already on a public forum, and you were passing

all the relevant details and their responses to your query to Lexus G.B & B.B.C. Watchdog, that should give

them a kick up the backside they need. :tsktsk:

Lexus Oxford "The Pursuit of Perfection" ?????

Somehow I don't think they are cutting it, complain like mad, you are entitled too !

Mate, seriously, you cannot (and should not) accept this.

You have just bought a Lexus AUC - it should be prepp'd to a high standard. That is totally unacceptable and amateurish at best. Defo. get Lexus GB involved as they do not tolerate such...well...nonsense. Although the Dealership is in Oxford, believe me, if you get Lexus GB on side they will be made to squirm and make it right. personally I would consider rejection (or at least threaten it) on the basis that the car has been re-sprayed, perhaps to hide some sort of botch repair and that it is potentially unsafe/been in an accident?

You must get Lexus GB involved and get this sorted. You are lucky if you are 'in the trade' and can get this stuff seen to. I am not in your position, so rely on Dealerships to d a competent job. And if it isn't done to my satisfaction, they do it again or I get Lexus GB involved. You have to stand up against this...shoddyness.

EDIT:

I know its easy for me to say that you should take this to lexus GB - you may be very busy - but please do cosndier it?

Aha....and there by lays a tale.....AUC? Well yes indeed I found the vehicle on the Lexus main website listed as a AUC and put a holding deposit on it right away as the price/age/mileage was exactly hat I was looking for.....upon my inspection of the vehilce everything appeared fine...a few minor items needed sorting, but nothing serious.....upon going further into the deal I was told it would not have the RAC cover.....because it would have a different warranty applied to the vehicle because of the vehicles age (almost 5 yrs).....odd I thought as the website says nothing about two varieties of warranty cover..........once again I accepted this as maybe I didnt read the info on the website quite as well as I should have.......upon re-reading the website I could find nothing about no RAC cover over vehicle age....upon ringing the dealer I was told it was not an AUC.... :ohmy: , and they said they had told me that when they mentioned the different warranty cover....well I don't remember them saying it was not AUC....but hey....maybe I was not listening :shutit: .....anyway. to make a long story even longer :D I chewed it all over with the household management and it was decided "bollox" its what we wanted, at the right price, with a almost identical warranty (apart from the recovery cover) it was from the original supplying main dealer with all the history etc.....and these being hard to find...we wanted a lowish mileage '03 registered Mk1 in silver with light leather trim....so after asking the dealer to "up" the warranty to include instruments/electrical as the UAC version we went ahead with the deal.....and we are very happy with the car.....its great. It's just a dissapointment to find the dealer to be no better than my dealings with Ford/Landrover/Jaguar dealers in the past....in fact the best was the Jaguar dealer.

There is no way I am having some spanner monkey under my suspension with paint remover and a rag trying to "clean up" the overspray.

I would rate the car as 9/10 for preperation in the end......the dealer site as 10/10......the actual sales procedure as 5/10...only because of the mix up......

Oh yes, they said it should never have been on the UAC website.....somebody must have clicked the wrong button when entering it on the system :lol: that was another good one!

I am very happy with the car, it is living up to my expectations of what it should be like......its just a PITA we have to use dealers! I am in the automotive R&E sector and our biggest problem is our dealers! :lol:

Best regards David

I would still be contacting Lexus GB, maybe they will upgrade your warranty as a goodwill gesture.

Did the vehicle have an R.A.C. inspection & certificate ?

I was under the impression Lexus dealers coould only sell AUC in the first place.

What would worry me is that the vehicle was originally supplied by Lexus Oxford

and yet wouldn't sell the car as AUC.

That smells very fishy to me especially with tatty shoddy overspray...

My IS200 was 5 years old & I bought it with Full Lexus GB warranty, FLSH, RAC Inspection & Cover.

Their reason for not selling with the UAC warranty was that it costs upwards of £1K on each car...where as the alternative warranty was substantially cheaper but in essence the same cover, enabling them to sell the vehicle at a much more attractive price, which it was....not a bargain but a good price for the condition/age/mileage.

Well if Lexus GB really want to do anything about it they will......I know for a fact we scan the Ford/RS forums for anything that might be injurous or detrimental to our business....there is no way Lexus would not do the same! Unless of course Lexus GB are from the same genre as I have already found? :whistling:

Its all b***s......... :lol:

Best regards David

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links