Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cd Player ? Is200 2001 Mod

Hi all , purchased the Lexus IS200 and its a Gem purrs beautifullt and the gear change is crisp , clutch is light and bites early too , few minor scuffs here and there but with connections in the trade I,ll have em sorted in no time , needs 3 tyres and I haggled and got 300 quid reduction , the radio works but I forgot to take a C.D. and I cant get it to work ????? Sat Nav is fine , havent got a clue how to work it but it tells me where I am and it all looks clever stuff , remotes cool too . All the paperwork is A1 just wish the CD worked . Would apreciate any ideas chaps

Thanks & Regards

Paul.

P.S. Pics to come ok.

Hello & welcome,

I've a 2003 IS300 and struggled with sat nav - it wasn't intuitive to me - so I'd advise RTM (read the manual).

Same for CD - RTM - if it's a 6 disc version like mine it could just be finger trouble in loading.

Good luck.

Ian

Hello & welcome,

I've a 2003 IS300 and struggled with sat nav - it wasn't intuitive to me - so I'd advise RTM (read the manual).

Same for CD - RTM - if it's a 6 disc version like mine it could just be finger trouble in loading.

Good luck.

Ian

Hi Ian , thanks i,ve read the audio manual and it states the CD or tape will not operate unless its set , I take it to set it it means pressing the disc or tape button , when I do this it just stays on the radio , the radio switches from FM to MW but it wont switch to CD or tape ???? Yes its the 6 CD type , as for the Sat Nav I,m sure I,ll get the hang of it , hell I got used to a P.C. LOL

thanks again mate

Paul.

are you pushing the load button 1st ??

No , do you have to do that before you switch it to CD ?

yes you need to press load to put cd in player which in turn will find an available place in changer to put it

depending if its a early model it may have a green ight appear when its ready to load disk but older models only have the amber light

are you pushing the load button 1st ??

No , do you have to do that before you switch it to CD ?

yes you need to press load to put cd in player which in turn will find an available place in changer to put it

depending if its a early model it may have a green ight appear when its ready to load disk but older models only have the amber light

Yeah mine does when u press load its red w8 til it goes green then load it in :winky:

HI ALL , Ive removed the HU and also the top panel of the unit , there was a bit of circuit board wiring not connected at the back R/H side of the unit (same side as the power button , I have lifted the brown tabs and reconnected it and we now have power to the CD , when load is pushed it says wait or something the slot sides are amber , the carriage inside goes up and down a few times then it goes back to radio , any one got any ideas ????

All help most gratefully appreciated

Regards

Paul. :blink:

Is the cd slot at the top ?

What is the small number on the cassette slot ?

13901-13906 ?

Cheers for your number Wozza , I have investigated further and had the HU out , there was a bit of printed circuit not connected at the rear R/H side (inside the unit) to the right of where the CD,s go (same side as the power button) I unclipped the brown tags where it is meant to go and re-inserted it , I now have power when I push load , it states "Waiting Disc 1" the display is flashing and the lights at the sides of the CD slot are flashing amber, I can hear it whirring and clicking and it does it a few times then goes back to radio , took the top off the unit and did it and the carriage Cd part goes up and down a few times , it then stops and goes back to radio , mate I,m baffled , short of drop kicking it down the street and maybe waiting for one to come onto eBay . Appreciate any advice you can offer .

Regards

Paul. :huh:

if you give up on your player, I have mine in a box safely tucked away that has no errors

and could sell for the right price. Holler if you are interested.

Wozza thats the best news I,ve had this week , sweet what sort of dough d,ya want for it ??

Very interested mate , let me know please.

Regards

Paul.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links