Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caliper Painting

Andy-R

Just wondering if anyone has used Hammerite paint on there calipers recently, i'm going to paint mine as soon as the weather gets better and i've got a tin of direct to rust blue smooth which I used for tarting up my daughters slide, i've seen some older posts some saying it's good and some saying not so good so just wanted to know if anyones done it recently and if it's ok, also ordered some caliper stickers in silver which should look the dogs dangles with the blue paint. Cheers guys.

I think red looks a bit 'chavvish', but that's only my opinion. I think a dark colour or just silver looks best - it then looks good but doesn't distract you from the rest of the car but does strike the right note when you see them. Mine are black with white logo.

Hammerite smooth direct to rust will be fine. I cleaned mine with a touch of wet and dry paper and some white spirit first - just to get the gunk off.

I think red looks a bit 'chavvish', but that's only my opinion. I think a dark colour or just silver looks best - it then looks good but doesn't distract you from the rest of the car but does strike the right note when you see them.

Yep that's why I went with black too, makes them look tidy with standing out too much........

277807451.jpg

I think red looks a bit 'chavvish', but that's only my opinion. I think a dark colour or just silver looks best - it then looks good but doesn't distract you from the rest of the car but does strike the right note when you see them.

Yep that's why I went with black too, makes them look tidy with standing out too much........

277807451.jpg

Mine are idential to yours mate. They look really good done like that I think

277807451.jpg

This is what i was thinkin with LOC 1`s been silver but still carnt find a pic :crybaby:

I had them the opposite on my old 1

277807451.jpg

This is what i was thinkin with LOC 1`s been silver but still carnt find a pic :crybaby:

I had them the opposite on my old 1

looks like mine although mine have a curved lexus badge that goes with th curve of the caliper

• 2 weeks later...

currently got black & chrome, but its getting tatty after 5 years.

I'm gonna get calipers taken off, and do a proper job this time. Thinking yellow (to go with TRD ARBs and my Konis) or I might go red, with white decals (brembo stylee).

PS Hammerite works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I painted mine with hamerite smooth blue. It looks well with the astral black. Got white decals of eBay and it turned out to be a real easy job. I found that two normal coats and then a thinned down coat to get a smoother finish worked well. Its a little thick to get a smooth top coat without thinning a little. And remember the calipers can never be too clean before painting! There's no point painting onto brake dust. I added a few photos to my album but I dont know how to post images into a thread yet, sorry.

I was thinking of beong really outragous and going for Yellow with black decals.......

I like the looks of them on this but didnt know if it would look a bit silly...otherwise was thinking red or possible a bronzy colour.....has anyone painted their calipers white before??

here are a few pics of what i was thinking ??

Yellow

mo_04barke.jpg

Bronzy,

Brakes.gif

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links