Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just noticed that the vertical part of the seat cushion nearest the drivers door has got quite a noticable crase in it caused by me as I get in and out of the car.The other side is not affected

Have other peoples seats gone like this?

I've had the car for almost 7 months

I have hairline cracks on the side bolster, car only 6 months old 500miles.

Take it back to your dealer, they will take photograph and send it Lexus. It costs £1300 so your dealer will need authorisation before going ahead.

Also as the new seat cover comes the factory it will take a few weeks. I am currently waiting so will let you know on any updates.

Would this not be considered fair 'wear & tear'?

That's a really difficult question to answer. That part of the seat is always the first part to go and I've seen cars with fabric seats worn right through there. However, I would have thought that providing you are not rubbing against it with some force, wearing some sort of particularly abrasive clothing (jeans with stud detailing are major culprits) then it should not be a problem for a number of years. A bit of creasing may be expected - my advice would be to call in at you dealer and ask them to take a look at it and see what they think.

think mines roughly like that too..bit hard to see on the photo. will take a pic of mine n see. going to take mine to have the dealer check anyways coz the seat squeaks where my lower right back meats it if i move against it. ..if u get what i mean

think mines roughly like that too..bit hard to see on the photo. will take a pic of mine n see. going to take mine to have the dealer check anyways coz the seat squeaks where my lower right back meats it if i move against it. ..if u get what i mean

Have you had a chance to take a pic?

Do you sit/drive with a wallet in your back trouser pocket?

My IS200 drivers seat looks similar to yours- it has 101k on the clock. I don't drive with a wallet in my back trouser pocket anymore, if I carried on doing I would have worn the escaine material right through.

I had my dealer take a look at my drivers seat today because of the creases on the seat and side bolster mentioned in my earlier post.

They are checking with Lexus that they can replace it.

He did mention that it is very expensive - he also said they had another one in process.

I expect a call in a few days - I will get it changed when they do my 10k service (£170.53 all in inc everything) and will update.

I dont beleive this post!!! :shutit: Leather is natural product and WILL crease in different ways depending on the hide.I think its time to stop calling in at this board.

I have had lots of cars with leather and have done 100k or more in several of them and I am pretty certain I can recognise 'natural' settling in and something that is at fault.

I dont beleive this post!!! :shutit: Leather is natural product and WILL crease in different ways depending on the hide.I think its time to stop calling in at this board.

I have had lots of cars with leather and have done 100k or more in several of them and I am pretty certain I can recognise 'natural' settling in and something that is at fault.

have u got a pic of urs teeonethousand? the crease that is..

Actually, if you've owned Lexus cars for any length of time, you will know that these creases turn into cracks in a couple of years and may even split/tear after about 5-6 years. It's unfortunate but, having owned Lexus cars for 15 years, I've seen this in all their cars except the LS series (for some reason). I wouldn't be too quick to get it replaced under warranty as the replacement seat cover will just do the same thing. If you bring this concern to your dealer's attention now but offer to wait a year or so "to see if it gets worse" (it will), they should replace it for premature wear but you'll get a couple extra years out of the replacement.

Good luck!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links