Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey Folks,

Just a quickie. I bought my IS220d from Oxford Lexus when I lived there, but I've since moved to East Grinstead in Sussex.

Now need a 2nd year service (only done 14k miles tho'), and find out that nearest dealer is in Tunbridge Wells, 13 miles away. They won't do pick-up/drop-off unless it's local, and as work takes me in the opposite direction I'll have to drop it off on one Saturday and pick it up on the following Saturday, with a lift from my other half each time.

I'm indifferent towards my 220d at the best of times, but Lexus can rest assured that I won't be buying another one with a dealership so far away, particularly when BMW, Merc, Audi, Jag etc are all round the corner in Gatwick.

How do others get round the distant dealer problem?

JFB

Hey Folks,

Just a quickie. I bought my IS220d from Oxford Lexus when I lived there, but I've since moved to East Grinstead in Sussex.

Now need a 2nd year service (only done 14k miles tho'), and find out that nearest dealer is in Tunbridge Wells, 13 miles away. They won't do pick-up/drop-off unless it's local, and as work takes me in the opposite direction I'll have to drop it off on one Saturday and pick it up on the following Saturday, with a lift from my other half each time.

I'm indifferent towards my 220d at the best of times, but Lexus can rest assured that I won't be buying another one with a dealership so far away, particularly when BMW, Merc, Audi, Jag etc are all round the corner in Gatwick.

JFB

Can't you wait while they do the service on a Saturday?

Why don't you ask for a loan car whlist yours is in for the service?

Do you think they'd lend me a car for a whole week for a service?

Why does your car need to go in for a service on a Saturday? If you have a loan car from the dealer this means that your car can go in for a service on a weekday- you will have a loan car to go about your business, or am I missing something?

Why does your car need to go in for a service on a Saturday? If you have a loan car from the dealer this means that your car can go in for a service on a weekday- you will have a loan car to go about your business, or am I missing something?

Cos I can't get to Tunbridge Wells during the week without taking a morning off work - it's 45 minutes in the wrong direction each way. I get the train to work into Victoria every day. In fact would need two mornings off work if I wasn't prepared to wait 2 hours while they did the service...

Cos I can't get to Tunbridge Wells during the week without taking a morning off work - it's 45 minutes in the wrong direction each way. I get the train to work into Victoria every day. In fact would need two mornings off work if I wasn't prepared to wait 2 hours while they did the service...

So if you wait for a couple of hours on Saturday for the service to be carried out then there is no problem??

but Lexus can rest assured that I won't be buying another one with a dealership so far away

Without wanting to sound condesending, 13 miles is not far away, Lexus can't be expected to have a dealer at the end of everybodies driveway. :duh:

Without wanting to sound condesending, 13 miles is not far away, Lexus can't be expected to have a dealer at the end of everybodies driveway. :duh:

13 miles? In Peterborough I have the choice of Leicester, Cambridge or Nottingham, all of which are a fair old trek. I'd give my eye teeth for a closer dealer - especially one only 13 miles away!

13 miles? In Peterborough I have the choice of Leicester, Cambridge or Nottingham, all of which are a fair old trek. I'd give my eye teeth for a closer dealer - especially one only 13 miles away!

I'm with you. Live in Wisbech (I know someone has to) & have same probs. You need a flask of tea just to get to one of the mentioned. Thought about Prestige Car collection service as advertised at bottom of page but the thought of some lad driving it off in power mode & paddling the gears on the red line doesn't sit too well.

I am amazed at the difference in service of dealers

Bolton always ask how I would like to be serviced

Options:

a)

Drive in and wait (always fast)

c)

Pick up and deliver

d)

Pick up leaving loan car and deliver

e)

Drive in with loan car - phone when ready to pick up

Always with a goody bag for the trouble

Maybe that is why I am Happy with *Lexus*

Congrat's and thank's to the *Bolton Team*

Hey Folks,

JFB

Hi JFB,

I can't help feeling that you're being a little unreasonable. It's not Lexus's fault that you moved to a place outside their pick-up area. There has to be an economic cut-off point. I can understand you being disappointed but it's not the end of the world. Why not just explain the situation to them and ask for a Saturday service while-you-wait? Is it so bad to go along with a couple of newspapers or a good book or a laptop and just veg out in a comfy chair for a while, drinking Lexus coffee? Or watching their TV? Not sure where the dealership is in TW but perhaps there are some shops locally that you could wander round? It's not that big a deal.

I guess the clue was: "I'm indifferent towards my 220d at the best of times" Maybe you're just sore with Lexus for some reason? Anyway, I'm sorry that you're unhappy with Lexus. I'm a new customer but have found the customer service so far to be really excellent.

It is very true - I've been car window shopping for some time and have always been put off by arrogance (and my biggest bugbear - a lack of product knowledge - the minute they answer your questions by reading things to us out of a brochure we walk).

Even Lexus dealerships will occasionally slip up - they are run by humans and not NS5's afterall...but overall it is one serious plus point for owning a Lexus.

I am amazed at the difference in service of dealers

Bolton always ask how I would like to be serviced

Options:

a)

Drive in and wait (always fast)

c)

Pick up and deliver

d)

Pick up leaving loan car and deliver

e)

Drive in with loan car - phone when ready to pick up

Always with a goody bag for the trouble

Maybe that is why I am Happy with *Lexus*

Congrat's and thank's to the *Bolton Team*

Wait till you actually try d) above. There is normally a pause, and then "Sorry sir, but we can' do that as we don't have a driver" or "I can't guarantee what time..." I tried that with my 10K service at 3 dealers, even stated that I would be in their town on the given day....and they weren't too interested

Hey Folks,

JFB

Hi JFB,

I can't help feeling that you're being a little unreasonable. It's not Lexus's fault that you moved to a place outside their pick-up area. There has to be an economic cut-off point. I can understand you being disappointed but it's not the end of the world. Why not just explain the situation to them and ask for a Saturday service while-you-wait? Is it so bad to go along with a couple of newspapers or a good book or a laptop and just veg out in a comfy chair for a while, drinking Lexus coffee? Or watching their TV? Not sure where the dealership is in TW but perhaps there are some shops locally that you could wander round? It's not that big a deal.

I guess the clue was: "I'm indifferent towards my 220d at the best of times" Maybe you're just sore with Lexus for some reason? Anyway, I'm sorry that you're unhappy with Lexus. I'm a new customer but have found the customer service so far to be really excellent.

Hi Fred,

I think you might be right. I'm fed up with the product to be honest. I used to get more excitement out of my Ford Focus.

Just to set the record straight, I've had very good service from Lexus Oxford, and I think that if I'd bought the car from Lexus TW they would probably come and get it, but as they didn't get the sale you can't really blame them I suppose.

I've taken your advice, and am going for "while-u-wait" on a Saturday.

BTW, the other half has a Jag XK which he's deeply in love with. He wouldn't have time to drop off my runabout.

JFB

PS: anyone taken with the piccies of the new Honda Accord Tourer? Looks great and the 2nd generation diesel sounds interesting. Could be the next one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links