Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Head Unit?

got the xcarlink adaptor today fitted the unit looks to work properly but wont switch to external cd mode

any ideas how i can force it to switch to external

i no the unit work as i used the grom lead and forced the carlink wires through that then removed grom so it does work just wont switch from radio cd ect to external player

any ideas

:unsure:

Oh Poo.

Sorry mate, don't know the answer other than the usual pressing multiple times/pressing and holding, etc.

It is as if the sense isn't working so it won't switch. Wonder if it works on resistance? What if you have the ipod playing and then try and switch?

Clutching at straws here.

Oh Poo.

Sorry mate, don't know the answer other than the usual pressing multiple times/pressing and holding, etc.

It is as if the sense isn't working so it won't switch. Wonder if it works on resistance? What if you have the ipod playing and then try and switch?

Clutching at straws here.

still wont do it that way

u can hear unit clicking but wont change

had to rive the connector out and broke it because it was so tight in socket so cant send it back i did try pushing the wires in the grom box but using the carling dock and it switched and worked (display slighty incorrect) but can remember which wires were for control through HU i had it working this morning like that but now forgot and can only get sound and control through ipod itself it is certainly a strange one

also the other problems seem solved in car link adaptor was just using grom dox as a switcher to get to external changer

just unsure weather to butcher Grom box as i can get refund on that hmmm

Guess it depends if you think it is worth the cost.

If you are happy with it then you haven't lost - it does what you want. You have a solution that others don't.

yeah i suppose i just cant see how it doesnt work for the life of me

if others with same head unit are having success its pretty strange that an identical unit cant work the same!!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links