Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Emv Display

Hi everyone!

Wonder if you could help me. I have a GS300 with an in built EMV, this display controls everything from Sat Nav to audio and climate. This morning it was fine, and now it is dead as a dodo!

I checked the fuse box located inside the cabin, but all fuses are okay.

The screen does beep when touched, and I can 'select' radio stations by clicking where the touch screen buttons should be located, but the screen is completely dead.

Has anyone had this problem? Could it be a fuse that I am not aware of or does the back lighting failure mean a screen change?

All help welcome!

I doubt the backlight has a separate fuse within the vehicle. The screen itself probably has an internal fuse on the backlight inverter board but they don't normally blow unless something has gone wrong so you may have to look for a new screen. :(

Hi everyone!

Wonder if you could help me. I have a GS300 with an in built EMV, this display controls everything from Sat Nav to audio and climate. This morning it was fine, and now it is dead as a dodo!

I checked the fuse box located inside the cabin, but all fuses are okay.

The screen does beep when touched, and I can 'select' radio stations by clicking where the touch screen buttons should be located, but the screen is completely dead.

Has anyone had this problem? Could it be a fuse that I am not aware of or does the back lighting failure mean a screen change?

All help welcome!

you need to remove it an d check connections behind.................

had same prob

doing that fixed it :whistling:

There is a display menu that allows you to turn the screen off.. but cant remember if it still shows anything at all..

Pressing the screen again brings it back up..

Sounds more like the inverter or CCFL tube has gone.. inverter is the most likely..

John

There's a non-widescreen nav screen on eBay at the moment. There was a widescreen one, but I snapped that up last week, got plans for that!

Here it is.

If yours is widescreen (buttons down one side, not both) I think you can forget it, 'cos as far as I am aware the connections are different.

Many thanks for all your advice!

I checked display settings, but the screen does not light up. It does appear as if the back light has blown a fuse or blown itself.... (hope that it is a loose connection problem!)

Not very savvy with changing the console myself, though the one on eBay is exactly the same. As it is old, there would be no guarantee anyway...

Is it easy to change the console? If I have to splurge for a new one, would it be much more expensive than eBay (currently £150)?

I appreciate your time and help!

Didn't you have to press MAP/VOICE for the screen to come back on some models?

Shining a light directly onto it should show you something on the screen if it is just the backlight gone.

As Dave had the same problem, probably is just worth unplugging and plugging in all the connectors just in case. If it is like the IS200 screen, when it loses sync it auto blanks.

Not too good I am afraid :crybaby: I surprised myself by being able to get the fascia off rather quickly and removed the unit in about 10 minutes. Disconnected and reconnected all cables, they seemed okay on inspection. But the state of play is pretty much the same. Still beeps and control the systems, but NOTHING at all on the screen. Not even with a flashlight.

I have called the local lexus for an estimate, but likely I will have to look elsewhere. eBay is an option, but does anyone have an idea about driveandview.com? They seem to offer repairs and upgrades.

All help greatly appreciated! And I will keep you posted.

Cheers!

As I said before, it's probably the inverter...

If you dismantle the unit and look on the back of the screen, there will be a part number.. from this you may be able to order another screen..

but although it is small, I expect it will still be more expensive than the unit on eBay... no where near as much as a new unit though.

You might even be able to source an inverter.. generic ones are less than £20.. but you need to try and get the right fitting, or figure out the wiring..

Usually 12v input, and ground, plus another for brightness control.. although most have a few more wires (extra 12V feed etc)

John

Just as an update. I spoke with the local lexus and they quoted a price of £2900 excl VAT :shutit: !!!

But they did suggest that as the car was out of warranty only a bit over a month Lexus 'might' consider it under warranty.

Does anyone have a similar experience or thoughts!?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Right! It is time for an update.

The local lexus checked the display, connections and said it needed replacing, cost £1800. (They have never had a failing screen before)

They then spoke to customer relations in Lexus, and managed to get the price of replacing the screen to £900 (goodwill), excl VAT/fitting (@£1100 overall). Driveandview.com quoted £500 for a new screen.

While I was mulling my next step, the screen lit up again!! I have no idea how this happened, but it seems to be working okay now.

Of course it may be on borrowed time and I wondered if this may be something that is repairable? Any ideas from our electronic gurus?

It's probably a poor connection to the inverter, (or the HT to the CCFL tube)

If it goes again, for what time it takes, it would be worth removing the unit, and stripping it a bit to check the connections mentioned above, then reinstalling.. at least it will save a hell of a lot of money if it cures it..

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links