Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just A Quick Hi

Mikegt3

Hi im Mike from west sussex

I've been looking at getting a IS200 as i want more of a car than what i have !

But the big issue is I only really want to spend about 3k and i know im not gonna get alot for my money.

So if anyone knows anyone selling one for around that mark it would be great if you could inform me ;0)

Or where the best places are online to try and find myself one.....

I will have a good read first before i start asking questions :0)

Anyways not that you will have much intrest in my current car, but at the moment I drive a T reg Mk1 Punto GT3 ( which i need to sell or PX )

CIMG66331.jpg

Potr seb2,pace front mount intercooler,Magnecore Ht leads,Catch Tank,75mm Afm pipe work ,Custom 50mm boost pipes from the turbo to the IC,Bonalume Chrome Boost Pipe ,Samco Boost pipes+vac pipes ( All ) ,19mm Samco oil breather pipe,Bailey header tank,Super 07 Hks bov dump valve ,Autogauge boost gauge in psi,Autogauge volt gauge,Normad twin pillar ,Custom lockwood gt dials ,Gizzmo Intelligent Boost Controller ,Abarth spoiler,Abarth Front bumper,Abarth side skirts

Powerflow system,60mm drop ,Fiat Coupe 16v wheels ( re-sprayed ),Turbo multi timer/rpm/volts reader,60mm inlet to fmic pipe work ,Tinted Windows, Short shift and More .............

Cheers

Mike

:unsure: I don't think you will get much if anything for 3k, you are a bit optomistic one thinks. :blush:

Yes my friend I am :shutit:

Ive seen a few sports wit 100k go with 3250 which i could stretch to if i had to ! My biggest problem is leaving the turbo'd tin can behind as the power in the car is great fun

I'd have to agree with Whiteman, a 3k IS200 is likley to be a moneypit. Can you not stretch your budget to 4k/4.5k? At that price your likely to get something better, something like a 99/00 IS200 with 80k-100k on the clock...

Remember, an IS200 is not a cheap car to run, maintanence isn't cheap (parts), although you can get lot of patterned parts of the IS200, eg: Mintex brakes/pads, oil filters etc. Also consider fuel, the IS200 is a 2 litre, 6 cyclinder, 24 valve motor- with petrol at £1.00 + (and not getting any cheaper), this alone will put a big dent in your pocket.

However, should you buy a well looked after/clean example, expect many years of happy/trouble free motoring.

Like everyone's said 3k will not buy alot but i wish you luck on the search. Keep an eye out on eBay and autotrader.

Just one tip of advice, before buying an IS on eBay put it to the people on here first because there are alot of dodgy dealers out there and normally the people on the forum can analyse a car advert better than anyone!!

Thanks very much for all your replys !

As i know and you have all stated im gonna have to spend more money...

( Maybe its worth me waiting till i have that few extra pennys in 6 months )

Whats the mpg like then ? I get about 225miles to £40 with my punto on boost al;l the time is a differnt story :0)

Whats the re-map like on the is200 ? As ive had a read and have seen two differnt sides !

cheers

mike

Re map? can you get them re mapped?

As for 225 to £40, more like 225 for £60. but again depends on your right peg.

Welcome anyway mate and good luck.

Stav

ouchhhh thats a bigger hole :0)

do you all run on standard mangement ?

Welcome to the LOC amigo.

Here are a selection of links to questions that I asked when I was first looking to buy. There's some pretty useful information in there ;)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=38870&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=39191&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=39581&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=39503&hl=

All the best,

Jamie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links