Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time Attack @ Donnington 6/4/08

Dave-Ellen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few pics from Time Attack at Donnington.

I’d like to thank Lee,Chris,Elliot & his mate for their help and company throughtout the day.

Weather was not good going up. I left home at 4.30am with the car on Toyo R888’s (road legal track day tyres for dry or a bit wet) and front brakes needing bedding in.

All went well til just past Luton when the forecast snow came and visibility and traction were equally poor.

I had to be there for 7am so pressed on as you do…………

First pic shows my front number plate encrusted in ice…………

icehb7.jpg

Having got the car stripped out (well boot emptied) car passed scrutineering without a hitch………..major conflab on my American fireproof suit but was allowed on which was good news (Tony from Fensport had sent his FIA approved suit down just in case)

Lee was allowed in as passenger for the first untimed practice. Track was still wet and very slippery. Lee had done Donnington (in a Ford Transit) so was able to talk me round (I’d not done this track before). Car felt OK but was sliding at redgate but al in all not bad. Was not embarrassed on the straights.

Before the untimed practice we had a look at the other club challenge cars and as ever felt humbled my 352 bhp was the lowest there in the F/I class bar maybe a Sierra 4 * 4. Car was running on standard suspension as well…………

sameclassasmejx5.jpg

Never mind………..

Went out and did 6/7 laps which felt quite good with all 70 club challenge cars possibly out it was quite crowded and I did not get one full clear lap. Not moaning as it was the same for everyone.

When I stopped to make sure all was OK there was smoke pouring from my rear brakes (standard IS350) I went out and did 2 slow laps to cool them down. Time for that session was 1:35 and I was not last ……yippeeeeeeeee

Second session was quite good. Despite having a Traction Control on/off button it still stayed on which was a bit of a bummer.

Whilst not condusive to good times on each lap the IS350 was wagging its tail at Redgate,the old hairpin,shwanze(sic) curves ,goddards exiting the hairpin as well was a bit sideways. I need coilovers and the TOM’s LSD if I’m to progress. Power wise I’m quite happy (got the manifolds which should give another 25/30)………

outsidegaragepo8.jpg

pitlanexu3.jpg

rearvp3.jpg

Did a 1:34 for final session but did not make the final………….3 PRO class drivers were only 4 seconds in front of me which was good to see

wayhomeku3.jpg

Some of my pic's got loads so here's a start :whistling:

Dave in Action

2008_0406timeattackpics0202.jpg

and again

2008_0406timeattackpics0203.jpg

and again

2008_0406timeattackpics0200.jpg

and agan :D

2008_0406timeattackpics0106.jpg

Outside the garage

2008_0406timeattackpics0012.jpg

More action.

2008_0406timeattackpics0040.jpg

inside the garage

2008_0406timeattackpics0070.jpg

30inch wheels rear 28inch front :whistling:

2008_0406timeattackpics0099.jpg

Who's that behind you Dave??? :whistling:

2008_0406timeattackpics0193.jpg

outside again looking very nice B)

2008_0406timeattackpics0007.jpg

Will post some more up later if i get chance :D

Just got in :( what a drive home bloomin slow all the way. Like to thank Dave/chris and Lee for a good day could have left the snow in germany though hey boys LoL.

Drifting on the saturday was pretty impressive me and mate were helping out a guy called Declan running an old soarer he got through to last 16 but then had snow tyres on front and all went down hill, really nice guy like all the drift crowd cant thank him enough for letting us help out. Heavy rain made the first few rounds very interesting LOL

Went to some organised rav on saturday night for about 10 mins and left as was massive chav fest got to bed at 11 ish in car in field.......woke up to frozen windows all round and veryveryvery cold extremties, as it had snowed everywhere.

Met Dave Chris and Lee at a very cold but sunny donnington pit lane. With a few bits more added to the car (Rear brake pads/discs + lines all round, coilovers and maybe manifold) Dave could get into mid pack in the club class and thats a bloomin good effort considering some of the cars are running 650+bhp 4 wheel drive backed by some big names (this is still in club class).

Dave gave a stonking effort as we found out by the rear brakes smoking as he entered the pit in practise.

Me and mate stayed up till half way through the Pro final and cos of bad conditions loads of people where coming off and taking forever to sort out so left.

The club class winner was the green and white scooby with what we thought the main condenders (Evo and skyline in our pit garage) finishing down the pack due to rubbish weather, finals where put back 25 mins due to crazy snow storm.

All in all great weekend cant wait for the next one although it is all the way up in scooooooootland.

I'll post up pics later on when ive had a rest.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk