Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

for a while now, my drivers seat has a constant squeaking noise coming from my rear left back (where my rear left back meats the seat...approx where the kidneys are). I have taken this to the dealer 3-4 times to have sorted along with the front passenger speaker on the door sounds like its "popped". to date it hasnt been sorted. these 2 things do annoy me alot. and the other day I took my is250 down the motorway to london 2 weeks ago and noticed the front passenger side air vent rattling. when held, the rattle stopped. I rang in to my local Lexus dealer, Lexus Coventry, to book it in for the 5th time and was due to take it in on Friday. I sent a letter via email to the coventry/cheltenham principal expressing my dissapointment and in blantant words he said "we have done what we can, and we dont want to have a look at your car anymore, so we will be cancelling the appointment on friday. you will not be supplied with a courtesy car. take it to another dealer or where you bought it from". that was the main jist of it. i still cant believe it. this is totally disgusting and appalling! on all the times i have taken the car back from them, they have said all issues have been fixed. I asked in the letter, if you can't fix it, why cant u order a new part for it, to which he replied "we cant order parts which are not deemed as a modified part". but, when it went in the first time, the service guy there said, "if the speaker problem persists, i'll order a new one". but till today, he hasn't. and i asked him (dealer principal, tim huxley) why he was cancelling the appointment and that if they couldn't get the job done, why wasnt i told so when i booked the latest appointment 2 weeks ago, he said "because they've done what they can and this is the first time he's been made aware of the issue". even this is a total lie because i personally spoke to him the last time it went in!!! ARGHH!!!

i want to take it to another dealer, wolverhampton, leicester, birmingham...anyone have any suggestions on the above (i have emailed lexusgb customer relations) and also on the 3 dealers i mentioned?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the same problem with the seat, had a new seat fitted around 4 months ago and problem sorted

Squeaks, rattles from an IS 250 I thought they were a super machine, no problems :whistling:

The problem you have brings to my mind what I consider to be Lexus's biggest failing Their lack of accessible dealers. If you have problems with your dealer it is a pain changing because it is so far to the next one. So you are inclined to give extra chances or put up with poor treatment because it is too much bother to change.

We only have two Lexus dealerships here in Dublin city, over an hour apart, god knows what it is like in the country where you could have to travel up to 100 miles to the nearest dealership.

Sometimes exclusivity is a pain in the rear.

I would have thought that any dealer plainly saying "NO", especially when the car is under warranty, is in breach of some certain rules somewhere along the line. I don't think Trading standards would look at it kindly...Afterall, they must get paid to fix cars under a warranty by LGB, so I can't see their problem (unless it's become personal ot there is a mod on the car that is now invalidating your warranty for a given component....).

What I would suggest is that you call Leicester 0116 2688500 and speak directly to the Service manager. They are actually quite good. Even with all the issues on my car, they always treat me with utter respect and are very friendly and helpful...

Leave your car there go and go take a walk down Belgrave Road - have some nice Chilly Chips at a shop there...

my car is not modified at all. the only thing modified is the 18" wheels i purchased from them. i have written to lbg, steve settle, alex kirky and gill want. steve settle has said gill want will be dealing with it. i have contacted the after sales manager, tom at newcastle where i purchased the car and have got him involved now too. will see what the reply from lbg is and then book it into leicester. once i get the reply, depending what it says, i will go to trading standards and bbs motoring advice and autoexpress to get bad publicity to them where needed and maybe get a resolution that way.

the last reply i got from lexus coventry principal tim huxley is:

Hello again,

Whilst I appreciate the short notice may be inconvenient, today is the first time I have been made aware of any issues, and as the items you wish for us to look at are not safety related, your vehicle can still be used.

The vehicle was booked in for two items which you feel we had not addressed, and you have added further items to the list which we cannot accomodate the time on Friday to look at, and following the letter, as is our right, we do not wish to carry out any further investigations on your vehicle.

To make our position clear, we will not be looking at your vehicle on Friday, and we will not be providing a courtesy vehicle for your use on that day, and recommend once again that you make contact with another Lexus Centre to inspect your vehicle.

I apologise for the formal response, however we feel that we have exhausted our attempts, and maybe a fresh approach would assist you at another Centre.

Kind Regards

Tim Huxley

the last reply i got from lexus coventry principal tim huxley is:
Hello again,

Whilst I appreciate the short notice may be inconvenient, today is the first time I have been made aware of any issues, and as the items you wish for us to look at are not safety related, your vehicle can still be used.

The vehicle was booked in for two items which you feel we had not addressed, and you have added further items to the list which we cannot accomodate the time on Friday to look at, and following the letter, as is our right, we do not wish to carry out any further investigations on your vehicle.

To make our position clear, we will not be looking at your vehicle on Friday, and we will not be providing a courtesy vehicle for your use on that day, and recommend once again that you make contact with another Lexus Centre to inspect your vehicle.

I apologise for the formal response, however we feel that we have exhausted our attempts, and maybe a fresh approach would assist you at another Centre.

Kind Regards

Tim Huxley

I presume you bought the car from these people. If so and if the laws in the UK are the same as the ones here, and they normally are, because history being what it is most of our laws were written in Westminister, and you have something like our sale of goods act. Then he is talking complete bs. However I have had a similar experience regarding my boot ( different thread) and I am finding that while not exactly being told to f*** off as you are nicely being told to do so. I am being put on the longest finger they have, presumably in the hope that I will sell the car before they have to fix it again. Following your experience however I am going to make a point of contacting the dealer today about my problem and if I don't receive some kind of satisfaction I intent to discuss the matter with a legal person. I suggest you do the same.

How Lexus can look at letters like this and not intervene beggars belief, so much for customer relations.

IN PURSUIT OF PERFECTION

:hehe: :hohoho:

no i bought the car from lexus newcastle. i'm in coventry, and deal with lexus coventry which is who this letter is from. they were happy enough for take 1000 pounds of me for the wheels i bought of them, but this they say no.

jamboo..u know the service managers name? booked it in for wednesday just for a drive with one of the techs, then they said they would re-book with courtesy car to do the actual job. spoke to someone called emma i think today?

Sounds like you have upset somebody at Lexus Coventry :(

Maybe it was this:

have to say have recently had rubbish service from them. from their service dept. and their principal Tim Huxley.

i got that letter before i posted that comment :|

I would have thought that any dealer plainly saying "NO", especially when the car is under warranty, is in breach of some certain rules somewhere along the line. I don't think Trading standards would look at it kindly...Afterall, they must get paid to fix cars under a warranty by LGB, so I can't see their problem (unless it's become personal ot there is a mod on the car that is now invalidating your warranty for a given component....).

need to find out if there is some sort of UK law which states that...or even Lexus terms/conditions when u purchase a car.

I think the problem here is that the dealership don't want to expend lots of labour hours (most of which they won't get back, unless they find a specific warranty issue) stripping out the dash etc, chasing rattles that they may never cure. They probably feel why should they as you didn't buy the car from them and they feel no loyalty towards you. This is a bad way to handle the situation but I see where they are coming from.

However, there are certain known issue regarding rattles and there are quick and easy fixes - I'm talking about seat rattles that are fixed by removal of a couple of little lugs, the centre dash rattle, which just requires a small amount of packing etc. These are fixes known about and authorised by Lexus and and good dealership should know about them. I had a slight rattle from my passenger side airvent that was cured by the insertion of a small amount of foam between the A pillar and the dash and then tucked out of sight.

I'd get onto Lexus Customer Relations and let them put pressure on the dealership to apply all known Service Bulletin fixes.

I think the problem here is that the dealership don't want to expend lots of labour hours (most of which they won't get back, unless they find a specific warranty issue) stripping out the dash etc, chasing rattles that they may never cure. They probably feel why should they as you didn't buy the car from them and they feel no loyalty towards you. This is a bad way to handle the situation but I see where they are coming from.

However, there are certain known issue regarding rattles and there are quick and easy fixes - I'm talking about seat rattles that are fixed by removal of a couple of little lugs, the centre dash rattle, which just requires a small amount of packing etc. These are fixes known about and authorised by Lexus and and good dealership should know about them. I had a slight rattle from my passenger side airvent that was cured by the insertion of a small amount of foam between the A pillar and the dash and then tucked out of sight.

I'd get onto Lexus Customer Relations and let them put pressure on the dealership to apply all known Service Bulletin fixes.

the front passenger air vent rattle..was it the actual air vent? as in normal city driving i dont hear it. just when i drove on the motorway to london at 70mph or more it could be heard all the time there and back. and when i got my wife to hold it/press it, it stopped??

i understand where you are coming from about loyalty etc, but i still dont think it is right. If you purchase a lexus from london and move to aberdeen, you wouldnt expect to travel all the way to london to get it fixed. its still a lexus, and any warranty issues should be handled by any lexus dealer. i did also purchase my first lexus, a is200se from lexus coventry, have had all my services from them, bought any accesories from them (18" wheels, mudflaps, spoilers, tyres etc etc) too. so its not like i'm just using them for free warranty work. and also there is always the idea if a dealer does treat you right, you give them more business either via yourself or word of mouth which applies to any business/trade.

I used to work in Coventry & had "my" 200SE serviced by them for 100000 miles until I retired in 2003.Since then I have purchased 3 new cars from them But have received truley excellent service back-up from Lexus Nottingham & ,latterly, Derby who are now my preferred Dealer underlining Chandru's point about service beyond the purchase Dealer.

Tel

I've used Wolverhampton for service and warranty almost exclusively after having problems at Worcester, and without exception have found them excellent and competitievely priced for servicing

This is worrying me as to whether there is any connection between service complaints at Coventry and Worcester closing.

I've used Wolverhampton for service and warranty almost exclusively after having problems at Worcester, and without exception have found them excellent and competitievely priced for servicing

This is worrying me as to whether there is any connection between service complaints at Coventry and Worcester closing.

It wouldn't suprise me if there was. Run by same people i believe

still waiting on a reply from lexus gb to see what they say. Think will wait tryin out another dealer till i get a reply. Anyone know which group runs leicester and wolverhampton?

leicester is sytner and birmingham and milton keynes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links