Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Greetings one and all.

I have just become the proud owner of my first lexus, the IS220d SE, and so far so good.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some help with regards to the multimedia system.

Two points really,

1. Which is the best ipod integration system? I have a video ipod and would like to be able to watch the videos stored on it if possible. After looking into it, I am under the impression that the Vaistech SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) - iPod Video Interface Adapter allows you to do this. Just wondered if this was the case? if so is it any good or would i just be better off getting the lexus ipod integrator?

2. Obviously for safety reasons you are unable to watch a dvd whilst driving or, much too my surprise, access your phonebook for the Bluetooth phone system when in motion (only when stationary). Is there any means by which you can alter the system so that everything can be accessed at anytime? ie watch a dvd (for passengers) and access phonebook whilst driving?

1. Which is the best ipod integration system? I have a video ipod and would like to be able to watch the videos stored on it if possible. After looking into it, I am under the impression that the Vaistech SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) - iPod Video Interface Adapter allows you to do this. Just wondered if this was the case? if so is it any good or would i just be better off getting the lexus ipod integrator?

2. Obviously for safety reasons you are unable to watch a dvd whilst driving or, much too my surprise, access your phonebook for the bluetooth phone system when in motion (only when stationary). Is there any means by which you can alter the system so that everything can be accessed at anytime? ie watch a dvd (for passengers) and access phonebook whilst driving?

1. In all honesty, when are you going to watch video from your iPod?? I rarely watch a DVD in the car, but perhaps for a passenger the DVD hack would be OK. I have my video iPod hooked up with the OEM installed integration unit and it works absolutely fine..music only.

2. There's a hack but it's intrusive surgery requiring removal of the centre vents and in your case the panel around the gearstick etc. It also invalidates the warranty. Use the search facility for 'hacks' to find the relevant posts.

2. Obviously for safety reasons you are unable to watch a dvd whilst driving or, much too my surprise, access your phonebook for the bluetooth phone system when in motion (only when stationary). Is there any means by which you can alter the system so that everything can be accessed at anytime? ie watch a dvd (for passengers) and access phonebook whilst driving?

1. In all honesty, when are you going to watch video from your iPod?? I rarely watch a DVD in the car, but perhaps for a passenger the DVD hack would be OK. I have my video iPod hooked up with the OEM installed integration unit and it works absolutely fine..musi only.

2. There's a hack but it's intrusive surgery requiring removal of the centre vents and in your case the panel around the gearstick etc. It also invalidates the warranty. Use the search facility for 'hacks' to find the relevant posts.

Cheers for the advice, its much appreciated.

For the phone, you can use the speed-dial screen whilst on the move, which is 3 pages with 8 entries per page. If you leave the speed-dial window open when going back to another function, then the next time you press the 'off-hook' button on the steering wheel, the speed-dial screen comes back up immediately. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, i heard/read thet the nav hack makes the sat nav gps a bit jumpy, so for this reason after ripping my interior apart i decided to just earth the red wire for the dvd whilst moving and not the two for the nav/bluetooth override.

THIS DOES NOT WORK. releasing the hand brake no longer affects the dvd but the gps signal tells the MM that your moving anyway. TANGO mentions in a thread somewhere about installing a switch, i would reccomend this approach if you decide to go ahead.

p.s. its not as hard as it seems and can be done in half an hour with the right equipment/tools.

i think ill "open her up" on saturday and do the job properly this time!

hi there, i heard/read thet the nav hack makes the sat nav gps a bit jumpy, so for this reason after ripping my interior apart i decided to just earth the red wire for the dvd whilst moving and not the two for the nav/bluetooth override.

THIS DOES NOT WORK. releasing the hand brake no longer affects the dvd but the gps signal tells the MM that your moving anyway. TANGO mentions in a thread somewhere about installing a switch, i would reccomend this approach if you decide to go ahead.

p.s. its not as hard as it seems and can be done in half an hour with the right equipment/tools.

i think ill "open her up" on saturday and do the job properly this time!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links