Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Changing My Car

marx

I'm thinking of changing my beloved Lex 2002 IS200 SE Auto in black with Black interior, with 53k miles, during Dec/Jan, tax, cost of service at dealers £60,000=60,000mile service! :tsktsk: petrol.

I need a spacious car as we have a baby on the way, I would like to stay with a Jap motor, but really need some advice on reliabilty, common faults, Tax price, parts, fuel and real life experiences so I get a clear picture of the following:

IS250 Just a bit to exspensive for my pocket right now

Celica 190 vvti-L: I like the shape not sure about rear space ie child seat + 11 year old

Honda Civic Type R (mark 1): good space inside, insurance

Mazda 6: Wife thinks this is step down from the Lexus.

BMW 320D/530D: I like the ecco/ and the look of 320D Touring/ just to common/ Dealers

Merc CLK: like the shape, but would be wary of dealers

Imported

Infiniti G35/G37 I saw these in Canada and really liked them, not sure if it's the same model in Japan?

IS250/350 May work out cheaper than uk spec?

I will have about £13500 max (including my car)

Mark

GS300?

They have grown on me, wife is not sure, what model do you recommend? I like the Vortex ? but it hard to find!

Yes they are very nice and very fast, as you said not many around as they are imports. There is a nice one on pistonheads at the moment, also I think the Pro-Lex one may still be for sale.

:offtopic::whistling: PS, I have a normal GS300 SE Nav for sale :winky:

Celica - I had a 2005 Celica for a couple of years. They're great cars, back is all but useless though so with kids, don't bother.

Civic - Good all round choice. Insurance may be expensive.

Mazda 6 - I would choose this one. Fabulous to drive, ultra reliable, yes a step down from a Lexus but then so is a Celica and a Type R and most other cars you can buy for £13k.

BMW - Hmm, I wouldn't but that's personal preference rather than being based on facts. I just don't like them.

CLK - Dealers are a pain in the neck and you'd have to have an older model on your budget.

I'd go with the Mazda 6. It'll do everything you want and you'd get a relatively recent example for your budget.

i'd go for the mazda 6 out of all those options. the mps will fit in that budget and will blow most cars away. the mps is in no way a step down from the lexus! but remember mazda is part owned by gm! this can be good and bad....

afaik: infiniti dont sell in japan.

mps: 260bhp 260ft lb, 4wheel drive, 0-60 5.4sec

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links