Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Confused

Thinking of buying this and got confused about the paint code.My car is grey.did a search here that my is propably Granite Sky 1C6.But in this ebay auction it says something else.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=008

Might be 2 different shades of grey and e-bay guy doesn't do yours, ring your local dealer and ask what the code/colour is they're normally quite helpful with stuff like that, once your sure of paint code e-mail the seller and ask if he can do right code for your car :) also ask the dealer if they do the sport grill in your colour it's alot cheaper £36ish but they do only do basic colours so you may be out of luck.

There are only 3 greys on the 1st Gen IS : Platinum Ice/Millennium Silver Metallic (1C0), Granite Sky/Graphite Gray Pearl (1C6) and Thunder Cloud Metallic for the LE (1D2)

The seller does not have your color, the paint codes he has are for the IS250/IS220d

i dont recognise many of the paint codes on that page only 2 look right that i know?? :unsure:

lexus paint codes there are more but could only find these at the time :

Astral Black............................202

Royal Sapphire.......................8M6

Kensington Green..................6Q7

Platinum Ice...........................1C0

Granite Sky............................1C6

Aztec Fire...............................3N3

Chamonix White.....................040

St Lucia Pearl.........................062

Scarlatti Red..........................3P0

Damietta Quartz....................585

Strathcaron Blue....................8N8

Glenarvon Pine......................6R4

These grilles retail at £200+ so grab a bargain, This is the lowest price on ebay of buy it now of £59 with delivery of £9.95 in the UK

Personally I am :tsktsk: off with these guys on eBay! Total price including delivery is £68.95 which is almost twice the dealer price. I would guess these guys are simply buying them from a Lexus dealer and selling them at a profit of at least £33 and that is not taking into account any discount for the probable buying in bulk. As for the grilles selling at £200+, that is ridiculous money, although some people are that greedy it wouldn't surprise me.

i have checked my vin plate,but i cant see any code there.does the three stand individually or with something else?

The paint code's not on the VIN plate, it's on a similar plate on the passenger side door.

Found it under bonnet on vin plate.1C6 granite sky.

i think the price is fair cause i got lexus badge and sport sign incl paint.or is it expensive?

The Lexus badge and Sport badge are part of the sport grill matey they come from a dealer with them fitted as standard? :whistling:

All depends on wether he has one in your colour, and if your dealer can get one cheaper in the correct colour.

£30 extra or one profesionally colour matched aint that much really.

What really gets my goat up is when they use pics to advertise the grilles they have nicked from LOC without permission.

As for the £200 cost claim, they did actually cost around that at a dealer once upon a time, but since last year the

price dropped to about £36.

Found it under bonnet on vin plate.1C6 granite sky.

i think the price is fair cause i got lexus badge and sport sign incl paint.or is it expensive?

erm - granite sky is one of the colours you can get it in from the dealer. At £35. Including the badge and the sport logo.

So - just to be clear - no the eBay price is not fair - it is a scam.

Ring your local dealer - ask for parts department - order sport grille in granite sky for IS200.

Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links