Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Goings On With Traction Control?

Well im a little confused... once in every while when starting the car the dash displays the following:

DSC01845.jpg

Now the car then goes into a safe mode where it wont accelerate hard at all, on one occasion it happened about 10 seconds after pulling away, 3 of the 5 occasions have been in blue water carpark! not sure if there is a correlation there or just co-incidence.

This is giving me the arse, but it does go away after turning off the car and re-starting it. so im assuming its a faulty sensor that is giving a bad reading but which one?

The car still has 7 weeks of warenty left on it, so if i can identify it then i can get it sorted by them.

Other than this the car is great, gonna chop out the pads they fitted as the squeel like hell (probably cheepo brand as no markings on them).

Many thanks for any knowlege you can pass on fellas.

Chris

yeah thats my next option, My engine fault code reader does not detect it (obviously coz its not an engine problem)... so will be having it put onto a full machine soon, just wondered if anyone had this problem also?

This has happened to me also..........strange feeling not moving until you use "kickdown" isn't it!!!!!!

I have had my car for a year and a half.......it happened a couple of times when I first bought it......then perfectly fine for months and months.....then it happened twice the same day about 6 weeks ago....perfectly fine since?!?!?!...

....i'm wondering wether it could be down to dodgy fuel from supermarkets?

i did wonder something like that, maybe it was trying to protect the car by limiting the traction control and the gearbox.. only thing is i only ever fill up with shell... but will still get it plugged into a fault code reader

yeah thats my next option, My engine fault code reader does not detect it (obviously coz its not an engine problem)... so will be having it put onto a full machine soon, just wondered if anyone had this problem also?

the portable fault code reader doesn't seem to work with our mk2 GS300s for some reason..they all need to go to a dealer to be read.

the situation you describe is the engine going into "limp home" mode.

it could be as simple as the O2 sensors being shot, but again, the codes will clarify the reasons. good luck!

ahhh, well on one of my lists of "to do" was to replace all the spark plugs..

What fun that was...

On spark plug number 5 (two in from fire wall) the twin electrodes were bent in, as if someone had been too short to reach to the back of the engine and just dropped the plug into the hole, the electrode was touching

DSC01903.jpg

new plug on right old on left

since the initial run it seems to be running better than ever... plus the denso code was slightly different on the ones removed...

also all plugs were not tightened to the 18 nm torque, more like 13nm.... where as 13ftlb is 18nm... wonder if the installer missread?

• 2 weeks later...

went in today for the faultcode reading at lexus sidcup, they have diagnosed a failiure of the accelerator sensor, £338 inc of vat and fitting.

Luckily the car has a full warranty and lexus are dealing with them to get it sorted by tuesday (bloody bank holidays.. lol)

So it looks like i will be using the bike in the rain for a few days!! no fun... but at least they are getting it sorted!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links