Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New To This Site

Vicar

Hi all,

I own a lexus IS 300 Sportscross and would like some feedback from you if possible.

I have had 2 sets of genuine lexus alloys on my car the first were changed out under warranty and the second i have still on the car have gone the same way as the first where all the coating comes off the wheels and makes them look shabby.

After talking to a dealer and them wanting to take my wheels & 400 sheets to replace the original alloys with the same again im a little reluctant to do this and am thinking along the lines of after market alloy wheels and going up a size to 18s the car is standard ride height and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a good looking alloy wheel which will compliment the car as in my mind its styling is only let down by these bad quality alloy wheels.

My budget is reasonable and will consider anything which is right for the car and wont compromise the handling.

If anyone has any pics of a sportscross with a quality looking set of alloys i would appreciate a look to give me some idea of whats right for the car.

Hope you can help and if not spread the word any input will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Kelvin.

Hi all,

I own a lexus IS 300 Sportscross and would like some feedback from you if possible.

I have had 2 sets of genuine lexus alloys on my car the first were changed out under warranty and the second i have still on the car have gone the same way as the first where all the coating comes off the wheels and makes them look shabby.

After talking to a dealer and them wanting to take my wheels & 400 sheets to replace the original alloys with the same again im a little reluctant to do this and am thinking along the lines of after market alloy wheels and going up a size to 18s the car is standard ride height and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a good looking alloy wheel which will compliment the car as in my mind its styling is only let down by these bad quality alloy wheels.

My budget is reasonable and will consider anything which is right for the car and wont compromise the handling.

If anyone has any pics of a sportscross with a quality looking set of alloys i would appreciate a look to give me some idea of whats right for the car.

Hope you can help and if not spread the word any input will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Kelvin.

Hey Kelvin,

Welcome to LOC

You could just get the stock rims refurbed - will cost around half what the dealers are asking.

But if you want to go aftermarket - then the world is your oyster. There's lots of posts on here about various wheels - and it's not too hard to translate how a rim shown on a sedan will look on an estate.

FWIW I always liked the look of this sportx (from US)

sportx_dee.jpg

sportx_dee1.jpg

Hi welcome mate :D not many sportscross member on here, there is a new member from Manchester that posted the other day (sorry dont remember his name) that put up pic of his car with different wheels, but when it comes to wheels for your car, it really is up to you what you like :D

Welcome mate,

Stav

Cheers for the warm welcome!!

I totally agree with you regarding the wheels they are my own choice and its good to get a look at what the car can take if you can see some allready fitted on.

I have looked at the gallary area on here also and have spotted some Khan design wheels which looked nice and maybe the car will look good with some 5 or 6 spokes with a 25 or 40mm deep dish to give it that squat look as the arse on the sportscross is a peach,it reminds me of the wifes perfectly formed!!

I may even consider lowering it slightly too but again im in no mans land and wouldnt know if i should go for coil overs or what ??

Its due its service now with 50K on the clock and i will most definatly get the braided hoses on it and callipers painted to finish it off with new alloys.

I will post some pics of the car in due course for you all to see when i have purchased wheels.

Kelvin............. :winky:

Welcome Kelvin to LOC.

I'm sure this is probably a useless question....I take it the wheels are out of warranty now ?

If not a qood quality refurb place will charge about £200-£250 and will more than likely do a better

job of lacquering the wheels and sealing them than Lexus did in the first place.

Welcome Kelvin to LOC.

I'm sure this is probably a useless question....I take it the wheels are out of warranty now ?

If not a qood quality refurb place will charge about £200-£250 and will more than likely do a better

job of lacquering the wheels and sealing them than Lexus did in the first place.

Yes they are out of warranty now and as the dealer said if i get them replaced and get new ones from them there is no garantee they will be any better than these in a yrs time.

As for the 400 quid to replace them with the same style 17s i think i will go for 18s to fill the arches a bit as it looks like it can take it no problem,i might even look at the six spoke alloys the IS 200 have as they look nice,but am i going to get the same problem as i have now in a yrs time with buying lexus alloys again?Probably.........

Been checkin out loads of web sites looking for a wheel size to fit the sportscross see if i can find something bling bling!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links