Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shes Gone :(

It was a sad day today, my lovely GS was sold today.

I gave her my last wash and polish this morning.

Due to rising runnng costs :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: and me wanting something more sporty to drive.

It truly was the best car I have ever owned, so quiet, never let me down and fully loaded but sadly not for me an more.

The new owner is a Lexus fan, he currently has a LS400 and his son used to own 2 GS's too. I told him about LOC and left the sticker in the window :winky: so maybe we will see him on here.

I stood at the side of the road and watched him drive off until I couldnt see it anymore, (sad I know).

I will still be hanging around LOC and will still attend some meets and ring trips.

Anyway onwards and upwards, gunna go clean the ST to make myself feel better.

Paul

Yeah loving it.

Handles great (well loads better than the GS), looks great, lots of gadgets, great performance and superb MPG.

The only thing that lets it down is the FORD badge, you can tell its not as well put together as the Lex (but still is good) and the customer service from Ford leaves a lot to be desired.

But overall I love driving it, so much more feel through the wheel. Makes me enjoy driving again like I used to, the Lex made it so easy to drive it just got boring!!

I'm sure we will see you back in a Lexus one day again. Maybe an IS-F? :unsure:

There is an undescribable feeling when driving Lexus cars (particularly the bigger ones) that you take for granted when you own one day in/day out. It's that ability to waft in total comfort with zero effort required by the driver! :shutit: Uh oh, I'm gonna talk myself into buying a new one!

I'm sure we will see you back in a Lexus one day again. Maybe an IS-F? :unsure:

I wish

There is an undescribable feeling when driving Lexus cars (particularly the bigger ones) that you take for granted when you own one day in/day out. It's that ability to waft in total comfort with zero effort required by the driver! :shutit: Uh oh, I'm gonna talk myself into buying a new one!

100% agree

how much did you get for it Paul? if you dont mind me asking!

mines on a trial week to see how much petrol it drinks. might have to go the same route as you :(

If you really want to appreciate how good a Lexus is, then become a driving instructor. I spend all week in 1.2 litre Nissan Micra automatic. My week involves teaching people how to steer, reverse, anticipation and planning and generally making sure they don't kill myself or anyone else. Then today, a 60 mile round trip to Bluewater in Kent in my LS430, there just isn't a comparison. The fact that it can go up a hill without requiring more preasure on the gas (Sorry, accelerator) pedal is amazing. The fact it does 70mph at just under 2,000 rpm. The fact that is has aircon that cools you down rather than it being like an asthmatic blowing at you through a straw. The one drawback though, every time I get back in the Micra, I think it's broken.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links