Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All,

Its been a while since my last confession (Sorry wrong forum) :P

I am considering a new mobile phone as the Blackberry is rubbish with the MM in the car.

Has anyone tried an HTC handset, and are there any Bluetooth compatability issues with them

in terms of the MM in the car.

I am thinking about the new (not out yet) HTC Touch Diamond.

Any feed back would be beneficial as i dont want to invest in a turkey

like the Blackberry Pearl i have now.

PS. Just got the car back from Lexus Teeside after having more than

half resprayed. A line of barriers blew over on it up in Edinburgh a couple of

weeks ago. Cracking job they have done. Just waiting for the wheels to be changed

under warranty as they are on back order, seems Lexus have the same issue with the

new IS as the IS200's with the wheels corroding.

Thanks in anticipation.

Infinity..........

I have an o2 Orbit, which is made by HTC just rebranded for o2 and few minor software changes.

Ive been very pleased with it. The touch screen isnt great for fingers, but is fine when used with a stylus, its a bit slow at time, but considering its cababilities its power consumtion is good. The built in GPS/satnav is very good, but the satnav software isnt as good as it could be, but then ive never used a satnav (even dedicated ones) that ive been 100% happy with the user interface etc.

Windows mobile 5.0 runs well and crashes less than my nokia used to and only when i really try and push it buy running lots of programs at 1 time.

Overal im very pleased and would have another, in fact there is an Orbit 2 thats just been released and had good reviews so il problt opt for that when my renewal is due.

Loggyboy,

Thanks for the quick response, but i was more looking to the owners

of the new IS with the MM system in to figure out compatablity issues.

Cheers,

Infinity.....

I'm looking at the Diamond too. Keep us informed if you do get one. Don't think Orange are doing it until July so I have to wait until then. (if I want it free)

The HTC Touch works with the system in our Prius (which is effectively the same I think) but I'm not sure about if there are any issues with the phonebook downloads. Sorry can't be more help :unsure:

I'm looking at the Diamond too. Keep us informed if you do get one. Don't think Orange are doing it until July so I have to wait until then. (if I want it free)

The nice chap at Vodaphone said buy what you like and we'll

reimburse your contract up around £450.00 as a credit.

Its on expansys at £505.00 although i have'nt looked around yet.

i can live with a £55.00 bill

I have an htc TyTNII that works very well in my IS250 - no Blue Tooth problems. It connects without taking it out of my pocket.

I had a Palm Treo 680 before that and found it much easier to use in many ways, but unfortunately the providers of mapping software for walking do not support the Palm OS so I was forced to change to Windows Mobile 6, or carry a second device when walking.

Windows Mobile 6 really isn't very good compared with the Palm OS, bloated and slow would be my description, but "when the devil drives" etc.

How did you get them to do that? Are you a really heavy user?

I have an htc TyTNII that works very well in my IS250 - no Blue Tooth problems. It connects without taking it out of my pocket.

I had a Palm Treo 680 before that and found it much easier to use in many ways, but unfortunately the providers of mapping software for walking do not support the Palm OS so I was forced to change to Windows Mobile 6, or carry a second device when walking.

Windows Mobile 6 really isn't very good compared with the Palm OS, bloated and slow would be my description, but "when the devil drives" etc.

Thanks Sagitar,

Any problems up loading the phone book, and do you get the full properties display

in the phone menu. ie, Battery, signal, Bluetooth etc.

The Blackberry i have can disconnect during or between calls which is really annoying

and to reconnect you either have to stop and push the buttons or hope it reconnects

automatically, which is'nt good on a long drive.

Infinity......

How did you get them to do that? Are you a really heavy user?

I have two phones on one contract.

The better half dosent use hers very much but mine gets hammered

to the tune of around £200-£350 a month (Business calls mostly)

I have the largest contract vodaphone do and i still blow the

minutes and more each month. Plus the Blackberry connect and

Data package on top, it all mounts up.

I have a T-Mobile branded HTC "MDA II". There have been no connection issues via Blutooth but I do not get a Battery or signal strength indicator (Used to get this on my previous Sony Ericson).

Phonebook entries can be transferred to the car but only one at a time as sadly there is no bulk transfer available (Again, the Sony Ericson used to do this).

Im happy enough with the HTC at the moment but as soon as the new Sony Ericson XPERIA is available, I'll probaby switch.

I have a T-Mobile branded HTC "MDA II". There have been no connection issues via Blutooth but I do not get a battery or signal strength indicator (Used to get this on my previous Sony Ericson).

Phonebook entries can be transferred to the car but only one at a time as sadly there is no bulk transfer available (Again, the Sony Ericson used to do this).

Im happy enough with the HTC at the moment but as soon as the new Sony Ericson XPERIA is available, I'll probaby switch.

Interesting, My second choice would have been the X1 Xperia but there is no release date yet.

It just looks quite a bit bigger than the HTC Diamond and the menu system in the HTC looks

a lot more intuitive. A friend has the Touch Cruise and i like that alot.

I could be a problem transfering the contacts individually and i have nearly 900

in my Blackberry.

Any problems up loading the phone book, and do you get the full properties display

in the phone menu. ie, Battery, signal, bluetooth etc.

The Blackberry i have can disconnect during or between calls which is really annoying

and to reconnect you either have to stop and push the buttons or hope it reconnects

automatically, which is'nt good on a long drive.

Infinity......

I don't recall any problems with the 'phone book, but I suspect the numbers that I use got loaded as and when. I don't have a large circle of mobile contacts, just close family and friends. I make very few calls from the car, they are usually incoming.

The display shows Blue Tooth; battery; signal strength and the symbols "Ho" . I keep meaning to check what "Ho" means, but I never find the time . . . . :blush:

Edit: Ho just means it is receiving signals in the "Home" area - It changes to Ro when "roaming".

I have a slightly older HTC phone (An Orange SPV M700) which I had some trouble syncing and being fully compatible with the MM kit in a '56 220d.

However I found this software for Windows Mobile on the net which did a great job! http://www.jetwaremobile.com

Now have a properly sync'ed phone book, caller display, signal strength indicator etc - the lot.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links