Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Has anyone experienced a seized boot lock barrel ?. My master key does all it should but will not unlock the boot. The key goes fully in but will not turn at all so im guessing its seized. Its been like this since purchased and relying on the boot release alone is risky at best. Am slowly sorting the few faults the car has and this ones next. Have looked inside boot at barrel and it looks like a sealed unit, Ive tried loads of wd/40 and oil from an open position (boot lid) to let in seep in but no avail.

Am thinkin i need to replace the lock which means an odd key,,, if this is the case,,, will a barrel from another model on the toyota range fit (cheaper than lexus lol)

Thanks for any advice

steve.

Have you tried duck oil directly into the barrell?

Or take the car to a locksmith or barrell out and get it to a locksmith to try and free it. Would save the hassle of having an odd key and replacing the barrell.

Or take the car to a locksmith or barrell out and get it to a locksmith to try and free it. Would save the hassle of having an odd key and replacing the barrell.

Good ideabout the locksmith, not heard of duck oil ? is that something special ?

Good ideabout the locksmith, not heard of duck oil ? is that something special ?

It is a very fine lubricant similar to WD/40 but a bit more refined. Usually comes with a really thin spout to get into those awkward places i.e. Keyholes.

P.S.

Regarding the locksmith idea, get your yellow pages and go to them don't call them out and you don't get a call out fee that way.

It is a very fine lubricant similar to WD/40 but a bit more refined. Usually comes with a really thin spout to get into those awkward places i.e. Keyholes.

P.S.

Regarding the locksmith idea, get your yellow pages and go to them don't call them out and you don't get a call out fee that way.

Good advice thanks, will try the d/oil then the locky if needed.. thanks

The lock barrel is easy to remove for cleaning, 2 bolts if I remember right.

My key would not open mine, so I got a barrel and key off a scrap car and changed it.

Hi, Has anyone experienced a seized boot lock barrel ?. My master key does all it should but will not unlock the boot. The key goes fully in but will not turn at all so im guessing its seized. Its been like this since purchased and relying on the boot release alone is risky at best. Am slowly sorting the few faults the car has and this ones next. Have looked inside boot at barrel and it looks like a sealed unit, Ive tried loads of wd/40 and oil from an open position (boot lid) to let in seep in but no avail.

Am thinkin i need to replace the lock which means an odd key,,, if this is the case,,, will a barrel from another model on the toyota range fit (cheaper than lexus lol)

Thanks for any advice

steve.

Yeah Hi Floggit,

I got the same problem too - post any news you get. Thanks mate

Its the last job on my list so mine wont be getting done for a while yet :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links