Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radar Detector And Jammer

and if they find u with a jammer you are in big trouble...

Yup, as fas I know, it is illegal to use a jammer. It is one thing to listen for the signals, to actaully interfere with them is a different matter.

Yeah you are correct, Jammers are a big no no for the police,

"The legal loophole that allows the radar detector to be legally used in the UK is very complex but the basis is that a device that does not affect or scrabble an incoming signal is legal for use." Therefore anything that actually reflects or alters the lazer/radar will be deemed as illegal by the police. Peverting the course of justice jada jada...

Some prosecutions on this website http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/jamlaw.htm

Yeah you are correct, Jammers are a big no no for the police,

"The legal loophole that allows the radar detector to be legally used in the UK is very complex but the basis is that a device that does not affect or scrabble an incoming signal is legal for use." Therefore anything that actually reflects or alters the lazer/radar will be deemed as illegal by the police. Peverting the course of justice jada jada...

Some prosecutions on this website http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/jamlaw.htm

I was thinking of installing the detector system only, not the optional diffuser. I have a Road Angel laser detector attached to its GPS speed camera positional locator in the IS200, but I'm not convinced it would give me adequate warning, but the one I linked to appeared to be much better.

Don't know what you guys are talking about, I bought mine as a parking device instead of drilling holes in my front bumper :rolleyes:

Are they "parking devices" now? I thought they were "garage door openers".......... :lol:

Don't know what you guys are talking about, I bought mine as a parking device instead of drilling holes in my front bumper :rolleyes:

Are they "parking devices" now? I thought they were "garage door openers".......... :lol:

Yeap, it bleeps at me if I get too close to my garage door (which I have to park close to), hence it's name bud - Laser Park Pro :shifty:

This seem to be an interesting alternative.

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/laserpropark.htm

It certainly does :whistling: ...thanks for that

Yeah I read this link, before purchasing my fantastic parking aid. :whistling:

Does anyone know if there have been any prosecutions or confiscations with this?

the quote from the page It upsets police laser guns, naughty naughty. and they don't even know it... is somewhat misleading. If ordinarily when a laser gun is pointer at your car they get a reading, and when they point it at yours they don't, then they do know it. That is exactly how they catch people with jammers.

Not entirely misleading as a large percentage go into error anyway and auto-correct. They usually get you second time as there is a very short delay before the laser uses a longer code within its transmitted signal to return. This is what gives you the time to slow significantly as you have had the warning. Things like double bounce, etc. which our laser systems auto rectify are normal and it happens often.

It is when the laser continuously goes into error that they investigate further and your car is flagged.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links