Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've Finally Dunnit

jom

Hey All,

After many months of contemplation I've bought my first Lex, an IS 200. Although I wasn't planning on buying just yet, I kinda got carried away at an auction and before I knew it I won.

Overall the car is in excellent condition for its age and runs very smooooth, BUT, (there's always a BUT), the car has three issues:

1) The headlamp washer doesn't retract fully on the passengers side.

2) The CD player has a spasm when trying to select CD, could be a problem with the loading mechanism. Displays ERR3

3) The car only came with one key and none of the buttons currently work, hopefully it's only the fob Battery which I will be checking today. will also be looking to purchase a spare key. If anyone knows where I can get a cheap transponder would be great.

The last thing I want to do is spend more money. Hopefully I can manage to sort these issues out myself with all your help of course.

:D

Cheers

Jom

Hey All,

After many months of contemplation I've bought my first Lex, an IS 200. Although I wasn't planning on buying just yet, I kinda got carried away at an auction and before I knew it I won.

Overall the car is in excellent condition for its age and runs very smooooth, BUT, (there's always a BUT), the car has three issues:

1) The headlamp washer doesn't retract fully on the passengers side.

2) The CD player has a spasm when trying to select CD, could be a problem with the loading mechanism. Displays ERR3

3) The car only came with one key and none of the buttons currently work, hopefully it's only the fob battery which I will be checking today. will also be looking to purchase a spare key. If anyone knows where I can get a cheap transponder would be great.

The last thing I want to do is spend more money. Hopefully I can manage to sort these issues out myself with all your help of course.

Cheers

Jom

Hi welcome Jom

1. dont know as never herd of before, might just want some oil.

2. err3 ,will its fooked mate.

3. is the key black in colour ? you will have to get key from eBay, then program yourself, there is a very good topic about this somewhere if you look.

Yes welcome. You won't be dissappointed with your Lex, and if ya got a deal, then a few niggly things don't really matter.

In reply to your questions:

1.) No idea.

2.) Common ploblem, will need replacing. Can be repaired but cost hundreds more than an aftermarket unit would.

3.) Second hand trasponders and blank key cases - eBay is your friend here. Thou I may have one at home, i'll check later if i remember.

Key Programming Thread Here.

My old IS went to Auction recently after Px what colour is it?

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and responses.

It's a dark grey automatic, looks fantastic after a good coat of wax.

J

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links