Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Think My Sky+ Box Is Packing Up

GWilso

Evening all,

I've had sky+ for about 4-5months and just recently it seems to keep crashing and canceling all my requested films/programs set to record when I switch it on from standby it comes up with wrong time & date when it finally corrects itself all my programs have been deleted

its only happend 4 times but starting to p me right off

I'm going see if I can get this replaced by sky under the one yr warranty but has anyone had any of the same problems before I call them so i dont have to put up with the "thats unusal" scenario

Anyone got a copy of last nights The Bill :question::tomato:

Maybe the disk is on the way out? I went through 7 Sky+ boxes before I got bored and swapped the disk myself - the thing is still going a few years on at my mums place as I never took Sky with me when I left!

We had problems with the remote on ours. Contacted Sky (by E-mail as we don't like paying for 0870 calls to complain) and they sent a new remote after asking me to phone with all the account details-we actually re-sent E-mail telling them that they obviously had our account details and could hence see that is was still under warranty. " Touch wood " no further problems to date.

(by E-mail as we don't like paying for 0870 calls to complain)

You may like this site then?

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Yes, I put it on my toolbar some time ago. Unfortunately it doesn't have geographical alternative numbers for all local/national rate numbers and some that is gives take an age to answer and sometimes refer you back to the 0870/0845 number.

Generally a very good site though. E-mail is still cheaper and gives a record of complaint and response.

seems to be a regular problem with the sky+ boxes, although i think i read that they have recently updated them?

call up sky and tell them, were on about our 4th or 5th box. They will be cheeky and try and charge you, just refuse, theyll come and replace it for free

On my second box in less than a year.... first one died completely at only 3 weeks old wouldn't even turn on... second box lately lost all my saved stuff and i had to do a full reset to get ot recording again.....

basically they are crap.... :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links