Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks Again Wim!

Hell all,

As some of you may remember recently i went over a pot hole or something in the road and ended up with two nice bubbles on the passenger side tyres!

So i got them changed and put the old ones on the front....... few months down the line and car went in for a service, technician pointed out that there was some tyre wear. Which i thought was a bit odd as i had the geometry done last year but even stranger was that it was on the outside edges :duh:

So i had a quick chat with Tony at WIM and a few PM's later it was booked in for a check and inspection to see what had gone on. I travelled down on Saturday and rolled it onto the ramps (well i didnt the chap at WIM did) then Tony got out his gadgets and pressed a few buttons. He stood looked at the screen and made some very strange noises before saying 'this doesnt look right' :unsure: !! By the looks of it when i went over this pothole previously it looks like i've bent something affecting the geometry, now Tony couldnt find where the problem was and there is no noises or difference in the car itself and so isnt a major issue but it did throw the geometry out :tsktsk:

Well, now we knew where the tyre wear was coming from so Tony grabbed his spanner and lifted his lft and worked his magic.... until ...... the rear wheel started causing a few problems (according to Tony 1 in 5 IS's do this, typical mine was the one!) so some sweat and blow torching later and all was corrected and back in line.

Just like to thank Tony and the boys at WIM for there help again and the new set up is spot on!!

Thanks again boys!

PS.

Has anyone been to that two way roundabout with 6 mini roundabouts on it in Hemel? What the :tsktsk: is that all about!!!

It is the most random ..... roundabout thingy i've ever seen or driven round!!!

PS.

Has anyone been to that two way roundabout with 6 mini roundabouts on it in Hemel? What the :tsktsk: is that all about!!!

It is the most random ..... roundabout thingy i've ever seen or driven round!!!

Some years ago I went to the French GP with a couple of mates who both had TVRs. My driver fancied a bit of fun and went around the outside of all the Hemel roundabouts instead of taking the most direct route. This was only the start of the adventure and mirth, which climaxed with a 160mph blast down a French autoroute putting some manners on a Porsche 911. Blackpool 1, Stuttgart 0.

The car had collision issues but fortunately the "x,y,z" position was in the natural adjustment range.... in other words it was bent but adjustable.

Problem we had was the NSR adjuster is an "off-set" D shaped cam that needs to push against a ledge on the sub frame... in 1-in-5 IS200/300 the ledge is to shallow and the cam rides over it rather than against it.

This car fought us all the way.... all the way!! but we got there in the end :)

The cars is running staright and true .... same probably cant be said for me :whistling:
Do we have a "quote of the month" section? That certainly qualifies. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links