Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have an (early) 96 LS 400 which I took to get serviced and the timing belt done. They disconnected the Battery to do the work and now the remote functions on the key won't work, which means the alarm won't turn off and the immobilser won't allow me to start the car. Does anybody know what the problem is or how to fix it. I would really appreciate it, cheers.

Paul,

Go to LS400 section and type 'alarm' into search. Four pages with almost identical problems. Happened to me in a Late 95 LS400 and mine could only be resolved by taking it to Lexus where they had to disconnect the alarm and immobiliser. The original alarms fitted to these cars when they arrived in the country were fitted by a Company (can't remember their name 'Scorpion' perhaps) which no longer trades and Lexus cannot repair/reset this type of equipment (thats what they told me). Cost me £200ish and I ended up with a car that had no security.

Try all the procedures. Best of luck. Graham

Why did they disconnect the battery to do the service/change the timing belt? AFAIK, you don't need to disconnect the battery to do an engine service/timing belt change.

The official Lexus workshop data tells you to disconnect the Battery whenever doing any work on the engine/electrics to prevent the airbags from deploying. Paul

Why did they disconnect the battery to do the service/change the timing belt? AFAIK, you don't need to disconnect the battery to do an engine service/timing belt change.

The official Lexus workshop data tells you to disconnect the Battery whenever doing any work on the engine/electrics to prevent the airbags from deploying. Paul

That's just arse cover IMHO

Hang on in there....I THINK I have the solution written down somewhere. (After it was posted on this site a while back) I'm just off out, but will try and find it on return! (Unless someone else remembers first....it involves taking leads off and on a bit, i recall)

O.K. Here's what my note says.

Turn key to Acc.

Disconnect earth.

Turn ignition to 'On'.

Reconnect Earth.

Turn key to Off

Take Key out

Close doors.

Plip lock.

Hope it works for you!.

(A pint one night will do if it does........) :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links