Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Emanage Ultimate Jzs161

vazoosh

Hi All,

My Toyota Aristo JZS161 2JZGTE vvti is waiting to be tuned and has had the EMU installed, we had some base problems which seem to be sorted but my tuner said that the car will not run if you put ignition through it but will run without it?

I was wondering whether the problem would be having to get an Ignition Signal Adaptor (i dont know whether this is required on the 2JZGTE vvti?) or do you think its some other problem?

As i said everything else is set up ok but its the problem with the ignition. I really hope someone can help me with this issue or point me in the right direction, many thanks in advance

Hi,

Why do you want the e-mange fitted ?

Its not required until you change the factory turbos.

My car has done 15000 miles with boost upgrade to 1.2 bar all I've done is have a bigger fuel pump fitted...my spec is HKS RS ind kit/V spec FMIC/uprated fuel pump/HKS EVC set to 1.2 bar

I've spoken to Steve about your problems............for what its worth you need to be speaking to the company in warrington who did some work for you.

Hi,

Why do you want the e-mange fitted ?

Its not required until you change the factory turbos.

My car has done 15000 miles with boost upgrade to 1.2 bar all I've done is have a bigger fuel pump fitted...my spec is HKS RS ind kit/V spec FMIC/uprated fuel pump/HKS EVC set to 1.2 bar

I've spoken to Steve about your problems............for what its worth you need to be speaking to the company in warrington who did some work for you.

Hi Dave,

I had problems with the Greddy BCC and want to up the rev limit, sort out fueling etc so i went for the Emanage.

The company in Warrington......hmm.....TDI North didnt look like they knew what they were doing, i had all the mods done for BPU as you know and then took it there to be tuned dynoed and i had no result, money was wasted.

I'm still hoping the Emanage will be running the car soon, i'm trying to get info on getting it working, we had some problems but guys off the Supra forums gave me a bit of an insight, lets see what happens

• 4 weeks later...

Just to put my two pence worth in.

I've been doing tons of research on the ultimate as i've installed it myself on my IS200. If you look on the Supra forums i seem to remember there is problems with installing the Ignition setup on the 2JZGTE vvti. you need to put resistors on the wires or something to get it right.

If you search round the Supra fourms i'm sure all will be revealed.

Also if you dont have the ignition wires on you cant use launch control or no-lift-off shift features.

Stav

Just anther point, has your tuner got the jumper for the ignition voltage at 12v?

the settings are 12v and 5v, and while the signal may well indeed be 5v to the coils, its recommended that you should put it on 12v regardless.

I had the same problem on mine, i measured the voltage from the ignitier and its 5v's but setting the jumper to the 5v setting it just wouldnt work, switched it to the 12v jumper setting and she fired straight up. Later found on the internet a tuner recommending that no matter what the car 12v is the setting it should be on. After all, it doesnt change an outplut voltage to your ignitiers or anything so wont break them its just a limit for the emanage.

Try it, it might well work. ITs jumper 8 by the way. needs to be at setting 2-3 rather an 1-2.

Stav

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anees,

just seen his thread on Mkiv supra asking the same question he gave an update on there today:

Hey, only just found out what we had to do to sort out the ignition problem.

Basically you have to set the jumper for the ignition voltage at 12v even though it is recommended to set it at 5V.

It is jumper 8.

So basically what i told him two months ago!

Anees,

just seen his thread on Mkiv supra asking the same question he gave an update on there today:

Hey, only just found out what we had to do to sort out the ignition problem.

Basically you have to set the jumper for the ignition voltage at 12v even though it is recommended to set it at 5V.

It is jumper 8.

So basically what i told him two months ago!

Lol, you did tell me but i dont think i came back to this thread as i was getting no answers, i didnt get any over at the supra forums either but found out about the problem after it had come back from the tuners

Sparky, looks like i'll be directing the EMU queries at you next time!! :driving:

Glad thing are heading in the right direction Vazoosh! :D Its a shame their isn't really a lot of activity on the Aristo section on LOC :(

I'm getting their slowly but surely!car is running better now

Yeah,its getting dead in here,we'll try to keep it alive! ;)

We had loads of great info when Dave first got his Aristo with lots of pictures and helpful posts, but all those threads seem to have gone now because they were posted on the Prolex-UK forum. :(

Glad thing are heading in the right direction Vazoosh! :D Its a shame their isn't really a lot of activity on the Aristo section on LOC :(

That's because there are not that many of them around! Pity. The price you pay for having a rare car in the UK. Lovely cars though, I may have one yet, at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this as i've jsut got hold of an ultimate at a verrrrrrrrrrrry good price and i am curious as to what sensors to purchase in addition, whether it is for now or future use. I am assuming a good wideband is a good idea however not too sure about the map and knock sensors

Any updates on this as i've jsut got hold of an ultimate at a verrrrrrrrrrrry good price and i am curious as to what sensors to purchase in addition, whether it is for now or future use. I am assuming a good wideband is a good idea however not too sure about the map and knock sensors

austin..they are cheap for a reason................unlike motec/aem/hks et al these take the signal from the oem ecu then change it and send it back............the other do it directly so are more efficient............

I'd also say at what stage are you going to fit it ?

mine has v spec FMIC - 3 " straight thru zorst -- 1.2 bar boost -- RSK ind kit -- bigger fuel pump and i'm running on the standard ecu............has run 20k miles like this with 100% reliability............and the car has been used not fannied about like most.............2 nurburgring trips..............1 series of Time attack...... 3 rounds of TSS...... 3 track days

Mr T has a excellent knock sensor fitted for you.............

I'd only suggest changing ecu if you are going big single or twin hybrids.............then you run the risk of breaking the gearbox :crybaby:

What do you mean updates?

All you need is the emanage and full harness, a MAP sensor and thats it.

Though your right a wideband AFR is a good idea. I recommend the AEM one. (but any wideband with a linear 0-5v output.)

Whats a good price? lol

Though your right a wideband AFR is a good idea. I recommend the AEM one. (but any wideband with a linear 0-5v output.)

Whats a good price? lol

285 quid for the ultimate :D one of the reasons i am going for it is thor is about 25 min away from me so the mapping is not a problem. I assumed the knock sensor wasn't needed but wasn't a100% so i thought it best to enquire. Basically the emanage will go in soon to prep ready for a turbo upgrade, if i lay the foundations now it prevents swearing at the car later.

TBH i was very tempted by the fcon v pro but i'm not going to go mad with it (yet) if it has to go that way in the future then i'll consider it then. I'm well aware its a piggyback but i have no need for anything more currently don't want to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. As for the wideband the AEM one is is the one i am looking at

I meant has there been any more news from the emanage install not if it had a firmware update etc lol

Whats a good price? lol

285 quid for the ultimate :D one of the reasons i am going for it is thor is about 25 min away from me so the mapping is not a problem. I assumed the knock sensor wasn't needed but wasn't a100% so i thought it best to enquire. Basically the emanage will go in soon to prep ready for a turbo upgrade, if i lay the foundations now it prevents swearing at the car later.

TBH i was very tempted by the fcon v pro but i'm not going to go mad with it (yet) if it has to go that way in the future then i'll consider it then. I'm well aware its a piggyback but i have no need for anything more currently don't want to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. As for the wideband the AEM one is is the one i am looking at

I meant has there been any more news from the emanage install not if it had a firmware update etc lol

Thors LINK ecu is better than greddy...................also MOTEC............

Whats a good price? lol

Ah i c, well once he'd put the ignition on the right Voltage i beleive it was all ok.

I assume 285 is for a brand new one?

i got a secondhand one (only a month old though) for £75 lol now thats a bargain.

Thor appear to be good, hope it all goes well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links