Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Revs Jumped To 7000 While Driving!

Aviator

:tsktsk: Driving down the A1065 today, in 4th, about 40 MPH, waiting to pass, tool long await when my turning came up, so accelerated slightly in turning lane when Car suddenly accelerated by itself and revs shot up to 7,000, car increased in speed dramatically scaring the C**p out of me until I took car out of gear and coasted, engine still racing, slowed down to pull over to stop engine and revs returned to normal and car drove fine rest of the way home. Any ideas apart from telling Lexus that I could have been killed?

Bit weird on the revs - you sure it actually went to 7k as the fuel is cut at 6250rpm which effectively acts as the rev limiter - if it went higher than this something is very wrong with your car - unless you've had an aftermarket ECU fitted with the rev limit increased?

Had the thing with the mats happen to me as well years ago - bit scary the first time it happens!

been there..done that.. was the mat as culprit..

even with the clips on it still comes off and sides forward.. im tempted to use some industrial velcro!!

Gents, I am an idiot, indeed, my floor mat was the culprit!!!!!!! :wacko:

:lol:

quite a few of us have had brownpants moments with the floormats. I make sure my mat is pushed quite forward so that the pedals cannot get stuck.

On the negative side is that you cant 'floor' the accelerator should you need to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links