Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Different Part Numbers

Ok I've spoken to a couple of members regarding this (you know who you are CHEERS) and they have not really heard anything like this before so i'm hoping someone can just give me some clarity on my situation.

As you may or may not know the clock/outside temp display stopped working in my car, so I got a replacement unit off another member, the unit works fine just not in my car so I think the part numbers must have something to do with it, basically the new unit is identical in appearence to the old one until you open it up then there are a couple of small but major differences, so can it be that if the unit has a different part number from mine it won't work ( e.g stereo's with the different codes on the front won't work in certain cars ) if anyone knows please let me know cause it's starting to do my head in now. Thanks.

send it back to wherever you got it from & try to source another bud, sorry I can't help further.

Bought it off a fellow member so can't really send it back as it does work just not in my car, will try and get another one with the correct part number if thats whats required, think i'll have to sell this one on.

Thanks Wozza.

Best of luck matey, you're the only good Toffee I know, in fact probably the only good Toffee there is.

Sorry I take it back, if such a thing as a good Toffee existed then you would be it.

Trouble is as all Red's know, there really is no such thing as a good Toffee :lol: :lol:

Cheers Wozza i'm saying nothing about kopites, otherwise there will be a convoy from down south/Norway/Ireland after me, luckily i'd have the whole of merseyside to back me up :lol:

aaah u know I'm kidding :D

I know matey, at least you made me chuckle when my heads battered with this, but if this is the least of my worries then i'm a very lucky boy ;)

Ok looks like the units were revised mid 2000(cheers Redz) so the only one that will work in my car is an older one made before mid 2000. At least I know now what I need. Anyone wanna buy an a/c unit :lol:

Woah twice? sorry.

theres a unit on ebay,have you tried that one to see if its the right one

Item number: 260263655252

Yes mate i've emailed him and the part numbers all different, thought it would be though because if you look at it it's got the mirror symbol on the heated rear window switch so it's off a later model.

Thanks tho mate appreciate your help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links