Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Why No Washers?

Why is this bumper not fitted with the headlight washer units?

Anyone know?

Feel as though Lexus have mugged those people who bought the sport styling kit by not supplying the washer units in order to fit a fancy bumper.

I understand the bumpers are from TTE, however I'm sure they could have fitted them as per the spec bumper.

Anyways no matter as they have moved onto the absolutely hideous 2nd generation.

From an eye-catching sleek machine they have spawned a German clone. Tut tut Lexus!

Some do have them?

If you have a look on the back of the bumper, the original TTE bumpers have the piece thats cut out to fit the washers, stamped in the back so they can be fitted if you want them IIRC?

What plate was this available from? Is it from 03 or 04 onwards?

Some do have them?

If you have a look on the back of the bumper, the original TTE bumpers have the piece thats cut out to fit the washers, stamped in the back so they can be fitted if you want them IIRC?

just found an 02 plate with them fitted :unsure:

Some do have them?

So are all of the variants fitted with the washer motors or only those with the specific bumpers?

Some do have them?

So are all of the variants fitted with the washer motors or only those with the specific bumpers?

Just been having a search and looks like a lot of the is300's that had the hid lamps had the washers fitted with the aero bumper? both the 2 pics i posted were is300's but i have seen is200's with them too so still not sure? :unsure: Dont think the washer system will be fitted to the ones that dont have them showing as it would be a waste of time to fit them and not have them in use?

if they were factory fitted, ie: ordered as from new they rarely had the washers

normally if fitted after they do

the is300 are required to have them fitted from new due to having HID's, although i believe it took a while for Lexus to realise !

As bazza says, they originally didn't fit the washers until they realised they had to by law on the IS300. The bumpers have markings on the back as to where to cut out to fit the washers but seems they didn't do it, plus my bodyshop told me they weren't properly designed to take them so they don't sit as well as they do on the standard bumper.

The TTE bumper was revised towards the end of the life of the mk1 IS and later versions had the washer cutouts already in them but the cost of the bumpers went sky high. I intentionally left the washers off when I had my TTE bumper fitted as I don't really like how the washers spray all over the bonnet and also prefer the cleaner lines on the bumper but each to their own :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links