Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Telephone Car Kit's

Anyone know of where,who,whenhow I can get some mute leads for the IS200 stereo, to allow me to patch my mobile phone car kit through the stereo speakers via the amp.

I cant beleive that the IS200 is the only car on the market that won't allow you to patch through the stereo.

I really don't want an ugly sounding speaker mounted in the car.

I have tried DASHMOUNT/DASHLEADS etc.... with no luck.

Sharaz

:withstupid:

I cant beleive that the IS200 is the only car on the market that won't allow you to patch through the stereo.

I think you may have to believe it, many have tried and most have failed, a couple of people have been sucessful but they have used some fancy wiring in the amp, as far as I am aware there is noe easy plug & play way to mute the stereo

I just had the Nokia kit fixed to mine for a 6310i. The guy that fitted was quite adamant that it couldn't be done without splicing and dicing the loom...

With the car only being 12 days old I didn't want to be cutting her - it was bad enough having another bloke touching her up!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess now I may miss the odd call when the volume's turned up.

Mute is clearly labelled both on the amp and head unit (pin 7). It doesn't respond though.

Pointless me saying that I suppose........

your right Geoffers me old mukka,

Fitted a Nokia blue tooth kit into a new IS200 yesterday for Lexus Teesside. The mute wire (yellow) on the back of the radio doesn't respond to the phones mute.

However, you can still mute the radio when the phone rings by cutting the accessory supply wire(grey) and fittig a relay between.

5 PIN RELAY

PIN 30 and 85 go to the acc. side of the cut wire

PIN 87a goes to the radio side of the cut wire

PIN 87 isn't used(inslate)

PIN 86 to yellow mute wire on car kit.

Duncan - you're dead right. The other good thing about that is when the relay shuts off the stereo, it comes back on at the same place your CD was at. (The phone always rings at a good bit......)

You can expand on that too and have another relay inline with one of the speakers so it switches over to the output of the car kit amp.

Plan on doing this myself when I've got the time............

This is a bit of an old one, but it can be done.

I have an Ericsson P800 kit fitted which mutes my stereo, and uses the car speaker (passenger side only, I didn't want to mute the satnav announcements). It's amazingly clear, and I'm very happy with it.

I've used one of the dashmount consoles, to avoid drilling anything, and I have to admit I did get a company to do all the cabling. I'm told "it's not hard, we just have to make the cable up". Either way, I didn't have to spend two hours in the rainy carpark sorting it out ;)

Cheers everyone......

AqualBraith, could I asko which company you used, I will be getting the Dashmount kits, and possibly the Nokia Bluetooth Kit, but finding someone who is willing to do the modifications on the relay's can be difficult.

Cheers

Sharaz

I really don't want an ugly sounding speaker mounted in the car.

nope, my new Mercedes E Class is the same, due to the fibre optic wiring for the stereo.

Why not fit the speaker out of site by the passenger foot well.

My speaker/module is under the vent housing at the top, I can post pics if you want, works really well. Its a Nokia kit for my 6310i, I just hit the on/off button when the phone rings as I couldn't find a wire which muted the stereo properly.

• 3 weeks later...

I had mine fitted and it comes through the pass. door speaker. The guy who fitted it said it can't officially be done (although Lexus Bristol told me that they could do it).

When a call comes in or I make a call, the stereo cuts completely.... BUT ... ...

If you do use this method, you must ensure that you put a strong relay in (I'm no electrician, but the guy came back twice to fix some bugs in the set up. He installed a second realay in the end!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links